Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Official Kill Page

Started by jblackburn, January 31, 2014, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

Post clear pictures showing measurements and weight per the 2014 rules thread.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Swamp

Killed this bird at about 6:45 this morning long shot but killed him dead with the longbeards 6s

harleytom

Killed this bird this morning. Not much of a story. Knew birds had been coming into this field late morning/early afternoon, so I got set up in blind before daylight w/ decoy flock including strutter. This bird and 3 hens came into field at upper end. He looked at my decoys but did not seem interested in joining them even with a bit of soft clucking and purring. After about 10 minutes it became obvious he was as close as he was going to get. I knew it was a very long shot (55 steps by my measurements later) but there was nothing between us but clear Alabama air. When he turned to start up hill away from me I squeezed trigger and he started flopping. Those Nitros are really something, at least this bird thinks so. By the way, I was using a 1965 model Lynch Foolproof which I felt obliged to include in the photos. Still a lot of turkey in that old call.

harleytom

jblackburn

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

turkey harvester

TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

turkey harvester

TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA

Timberland Taxidermy

Before I could upload the info from my first bird I shot a slight upgrade. I still plan to hunt some in KS but I'll get this one up anyway.
62pts.

harleytom

dlewis82nd Kansas Rio-  NWTF score 67.5. Very nice bird, congrats and thanks for your service to our country dlewis82nd. Pics below:

Timberland Taxidermy

Beautiful bird, and well done with your bow!

Timberland Taxidermy

I got the KS upgrade I was after.

10" beard
1 3/8", 1 1/8" spurs
23.5lbs
69.75 pts.

rafsobbob

Reporting my Iowa spring turkey hunting season: First off Sorry fellow HeadHunters I decided not to take pictures of the measurements this year for reasons that are hard to explain on computer, but I think you all know the reason.

Well Iowa spring turkey hunting is in the freezer Carrie Taycher and I had a great season 1st season I got the super jake while she get a real nice mature Tom, then 4th season we hunted hard saw birds but didnt connect until last night with a hour left in the season with a real nice Tom. I would like to share with ll some of the Prayers I used durning this season.

Prayer to be an honorable hunter
By the grace of God may I always honor, thank and adore the Lord God who created... the animals and saw that each species was good. Let me love the God who made humans in His own image and likeness and set them over the whole world, to have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth (Gen 1:26). By my honorable conduct as a hunter let me give a good example and teach new hunters principles of honor, so that each new generation can show respect for God, other hunters and the animals, and enjoy the dignity of the hunt.

Prayer for honest hunt
Lord, may I make an honest count of game, respecting the legal limits of game in order to preserve the balance of life and death among the animals. May I so love the truth that I always give an honest recounting of the hunting stories while keeping them interesting to my friends. May I also listen to my friendsâ?? stories with enjoyment and without envy.

Prayer for safety
Pray for the good sense to care for my weapon and to carry it and fire it responsibly. Pray for the animals, that the shots are clean and do not cause unnecessary suffering to the animal.

Prayer to share the fruit of the hunt
Lord, I am so blessed to be able to hunt and I appreciate the blessings You have bestowed upon me. Yet I know that so many others are in great need. Give me the grace to share the food of the hunt not only with my family and friends but also with those who have greater need: the hungry and the poor. May my sharing with them be one small part of my continuing care for your poor. As they ask You, Father, for their daily bread, use me as one small instrument to help provide it to them.

Pictures are available for anyone who would like to see them my Tom beards beard is 10 1/4 inches spurs 1 1/16 and 1 1/8 weight is 25 1/4 (see prayer for Honest hunt) no pictures taken of measurements. We had a blast I am going to say one of my best times hunting in my life to share quality time in the woods and field with best friend and partner.

Bob

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Grace Card "I promise to pray for you everyday, ask for your forgiveness, grant
My Grace Card "I promise to pray for you everyday, ask for your forgiveness, grant you the same, and be your friend ............... forever"

RIStrutStopper

jblackburn

Posting for paintbrush

21 lbs 4 oz

1 1/16 and 1 inch spurs

9 inch beard

www.gooserbatcalls.com