OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Got my new 20 in...

Started by Katmandew, January 27, 2014, 06:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katmandew

Kids gun came in.  That was fast.  4 days from order at WalMart.

Mossberg 500 20 Ga. Super Bantam Turkey model. Came with XF factory choke. 

Now if it will only warm up so I can pattern it!  5 degrees tonight in TN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridge Rooster

Good lookin gun!! About the same temps here in Kentucky!! Been one cold winter! Waiting on some decent weather to sight in my new Fast Fire 3. It will be here soon if we can just hang on!!

Good luck with the gun.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

beagler

Nice!
I purchased a 20ga Mossberg 510 Mini Turkey Thug lasy season for my seven year old daughter. Put a Burris FF III on it. She shoots it pretty darn good. Calling for -2 degrees here tonight. BRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Never Misses

Katmandew

That's awesome. She looks tickled.  I was looking at the FFIII, but I'm rethinking due to the $240 price tag.  Want an open reflex tho.  Just not sure what a decen option is in the sub $75 price range.

gophert

Nice gun!  I would tell you to wait and save your money for the FFIII.  It's worth the wait. 

Tail Feathers

May I ask what Wal Mart charges for the gun?
Looking for one for the grandson.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Katmandew

$358 plus tax

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Katmandew

That's the best price I found.  If you live near Gamaliel, Ky, the shooting supply may save you $10, but after the gas it would have cost me, I did just as well ordering it thru WalMart.  Only 4 days and I had the gun in hand.  Hard to beat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WV Ridge Reaper

Good looking guns!!!

I'd like to have that youth model like the little girl...I could run and gun then,I would be running threw the woods like Mel Gibson in the Patriot movie !!

Sent from West By God Virginia.

surehuntsalot

fine looking shotgun
good luck with it
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Katmandew

The 500 SB is a youth model as well.  The thing I like about it is there are 3" of adjustment in the stock by adding or removing sections.  Also, I got a coupon for a half price adult stock for the gun.  So it basically grows with the hunter as they get older.

beagler

My daughter's 510 has the removable sections in the stock as well but it's actually smaller/shorter than the 500 Super Bantam. It has a 18.5" barrel and the LOP is 10.5"
Never Misses

Katmandew

Gotcha.  For some reason I was thinking it was slightly bigger.

Tail Feathers

Got my hands on a SuperBantam.  I was with a friend who had his 10 year old granson with him.
The gun was too short for that boy (maybe the spacers were out?) and my grandson is quite a bit taller.
Not sure about it now.  I did run across a CVA 20 ga single shot that I liked.  Still studying on it.  Thanks for the price info Kat.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Katmandew

Mine came with the spacers out, so if it was too short for a 10 year old, they probably had them out.  The spacers that come with it add 2 inches to the pull length.