turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finding a recoil pad

Started by Briar, January 26, 2014, 02:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Briar

My new gun came with a seperate youth stock I plan to install.  The thing is, it did not come with a recoil pad and I need to find one.  How standard are these?  Its an 870 youth stock for the 20 guage SPS-T??  Any leads on what one will work with it or do I need to contact remington? 

shadetree callers

Limbsaver makes the best recoil pads hands down.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

owlhoot

What does the other stock have on it?  That Remington R3 is a great pad.

It might even swap to your youth stock, maybe why there is not one on it already.? :morning:

Briar

The other stock has a supercell pad.  It just looks to be too big.  Does that matter? 

owlhoot

supercell is newer R3? MY BAD  :lol: any how if screws line up and it don't bother you why not?
Would think that was the reason the youth didnt have one already with NEW gun.?

Briar

you could be right owlhoot!!  I'll just have to try it and see what happens! 

cluck

Briar; I got a winchester brand from walmart (slip on). Its a limbsaver for my 11-87 compact youth model 20 ga. Fits great. I think it was about $20.00. Just watch and get the right size. I got it to get more length.   cluck

Briar

Thanks Cluck!!  I am lucky because my full size gun is built like a youth size gun and it just came with the stock in the deal.  I just have to shoot it a couple and see which I like best.  Just messing with it in the house the full size seem to fit just fine.  I was just glad to have the option. 

bmhern

I've had several limbsaver pads on rifles @ shotguns. They work very well at reducing felt recoil, how ever , as they get older they get sticky and when you set them down on the ground the sand and grass or whatever will stick to them. I changed to a packmeyer decelerator. It reduces recoil as well as the limbsaver but doesn't get sticky.

surehuntsalot

the super cell from Remington is very nice
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

owlhoot

Yes the supercell seems to be the way to go. Yesterday at the pattern range with an 870 26" with 3" thugs and longbeards my 135 lb. son shot about a half dozen rounds with no problems off the bench.
Then X2 win with the factory pad from them. I told him that was the gentlest gun i have shot, when i got  it was a ton easier on me than the older Sm 870 i had with R3 pad; Well he shot the  X2 and gave me a look and mumbled something about crazy old man.

Any way did it fir for you?