OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

This Makes Me Disgusted and Mad!

Started by VA_Birdhunter, January 25, 2014, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA_Birdhunter

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2012/12/14/double-amputee-marine-humiliated-cries-from-poor-treatment-on-delta-flight/

When I read stuff like this it just plane make me disgusted and mad!  It takes very little effort (for some) to do the right thing.  The situation this Marine and vet had to go through is pathetic, avoidable, totally disrespectful to our soldiers, disrespectful to our country,  and completely and totally un-called for!  Then here comes the excuses of why they, the ones responsible done such a stupid and disrespectful thing!   I'm nothing special believe me...I'm a simply man a sinner saved by Gods grace, a hillbilly for the heart of the Appalachian mountains, that struggles just to write the English language as one should (run on sentences, miss spelled words, really can't spell to save my life, right words wrong spelling, missing commas etc. and such).  BUT I've never found it hard to use a little common sense and do the right thing, and show some respect especially to our Military men, women, and there family's!  I personally thank each and everyone of them for there sacrifice and service from the bottom of my heart!  I work with ALOT of vets and enlisted military personnel and from/through them see the true sacrifice they make and what sacrifices there families make!  A thank you and giving up a seat on a plane is just scraping the surface of what we owe them, and I for one would have set on the toilet to give him a seat if I could have!  God Bless our Troops!

Sorry I just had to vent that....I know this is a turkey hunting forum and I truly believe there is no one that loves turkey hunting more than me!!  There may be some that equal it but none surpass it....but I think such stupidity and disrespect needs to be brought to peoples attention....instead of the other trash we hear in the news! 

God Bless         

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

allaboutshooting

Thank you for posting that. It's a heart wrenching story. I can't imagine how he must have felt. We honor and seem to almost worship some people in both sports and entertainment but do not give those who have sacrificed so much for us the respect they deserve. It's a sad state of affairs.

Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Deputy 14

Terrible. Bout the only way to describe that.

forcercon1

Thank you for posting. My heart goes out to my fellow Marine whom gave more than most can imagine. I know what airline  not to use moving forward.

captin_hook

Those people who work for that airline that were on that flight aught to be ashamed of themselves.

Old Gobbler

That's a damn shame - there were even several 1st class riders that wanted to give him his seat

I just don't understand how employees can be so ignorant and unsympathetic -
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Mike Honcho

Thanks for sharing that story.  It's hard to believe sometimes how messed up our country has gotten. God Bless that Marine and all our other heroes in uniform..

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

beagler

Never Misses

ctwny1

For years now all these airlines get away with too much. Now lets say this was a Senator or a Congress man or woman? Do yea think this would have happened to them? This is a disgrace.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: VA_Birdhunter on January 25, 2014, 10:27:50 PMWhen I read stuff like this it just plane make me disgusted and mad!  It takes very little effort (for some) to do the right thing.  The situation this Marine and vet had to go through is pathetic, avoidable, totally disrespectful to our soldiers, disrespectful to our country,  and completely and totally un-called for!   
I've never found it hard to use a little common sense and do the right thing, and show some respect especially to our Military men, women, and there family's!  I personally thank each and everyone of them for there sacrifice and service from the bottom of my heart!  I work with ALOT of vets and enlisted military personnel and from/through them see the true sacrifice they make and what sacrifices there families make!  A thank you and giving up a seat on a plane is just scraping the surface of what we owe them, and I for one would have set on the toilet to give him a seat if I could have!  God Bless our Troops!
100% :agreed:
There is absolutely no excuse for that. This angers me!! >:( If I were on that flight, I would probably have been removed, because I would have caused such a scene. We cannot give our troops enough thanks, especially brave young men like this, who sacrificed so much for our freedom.

Muzzy61

That makes my blood boil. Unfreaking real.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

bigbird

tomstopper

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on January 26, 2014, 11:58:07 AM
Quote from: VA_Birdhunter on January 25, 2014, 10:27:50 PMWhen I read stuff like this it just plane make me disgusted and mad!  It takes very little effort (for some) to do the right thing.  The situation this Marine and vet had to go through is pathetic, avoidable, totally disrespectful to our soldiers, disrespectful to our country,  and completely and totally un-called for!   
I've never found it hard to use a little common sense and do the right thing, and show some respect especially to our Military men, women, and there family's!  I personally thank each and everyone of them for there sacrifice and service from the bottom of my heart!  I work with ALOT of vets and enlisted military personnel and from/through them see the true sacrifice they make and what sacrifices there families make!  A thank you and giving up a seat on a plane is just scraping the surface of what we owe them, and I for one would have set on the toilet to give him a seat if I could have!  God Bless our Troops!
100% :agreed:
There is absolutely no excuse for that. This angers me!! >:( If I were on that flight, I would probably have been removed, because I would have caused such a scene. We cannot give our troops enough thanks, especially brave young men like this, who sacrificed so much for our freedom.
:agreed: My thought exactly.... >:( >:(