turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Need recomendations for a quality slate pot call

Started by dbienfait, January 24, 2014, 09:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCGobbler

Jerry White w Dads calls makes the do-dad that I used this past season that was phenomenal.

It sounds like a Lynches Jet Slate, but better

Sent from my Windows Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

Sadler McGraw

Two of you have mentioned the purr pot,  if one of you want one, you can contact me and I will build you one.  And the price will be on this side of the planet Mars.    These will be built just like the first ones "I " came up with.

Sadler McGraw
Sadler McGraw Custom Calls
World and Grand National Calling Champion

Bama turkey hunter

Tony

lonnie sneed jr.

A Lonnie Sneed Hot Hen slate, but for purring only a little tub shaped slate that he makes. Great for tree calling and purrs, and soft clucks.

mmclain

Sadler......I have the "origional" purr pot you made me years ago....thanks again!! come by in Nashville and see me in booth 1216 if you have time

Matt

REBELYELL

I got Harold Fowler to build me a red cedar striker recently to try on a copper call. It sounds okay on the copper, but it purrs on Lonnie's Hot Hen. Great sounding, realistic purrs and clucks.

drenalinld

rutandstrut

Quote from: ssm on January 26, 2014, 11:43:56 AM
Two of you have mentioned the purr pot,  if one of you want one, you can contact me and I will build you one.  And the price will be on this side of the planet Mars.    These will be built just like the first ones "I " came up with.

Sadler McGraw

I still have two of the Purr Pots I made out of Pots you sent to me to make into Purr Pots! Thanks for all the help and for your Friendship over the past 10 years! I truly appreciate it!

BROADY B

I've got a bunch of slate calls, and the Halloran is my go to call.

hunter22

I have over 150 pot calls. My go-to pot call to kill a gobbler is a Hot Hen slate. A couple years ago I called in 15 gobblers to the gun with it. It just has that sound gobblers like.