News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Need recomendations for a quality slate pot call

Started by dbienfait, January 24, 2014, 09:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbienfait

Hey Guys

Just curious on what you would recommend for a quality slate.  Something that is great for purring, I have a crystal pot call from Southern Game callers and have had great success with it.  I used a buddies slate and couldn't believe how easy the purr was.  What do you use?

Gobblerjim

Your gonna get a ton of different answers. But I love my dave halloran. But there's a ton of call makers out there that make great calls.

scoot12

lots of good ones out there,  Clint Corder,  Paul Platz and Lonnie Mabry are a few of my favorites,  Darrin Dawkins makes a plastic slate that is really good also. Scoot

Chris Downs

For purring, I'd suggest the Woodhaven Purr Pot.  Incredible sounding pot for the softer stuff.

dbienfait

Awesome!  I appreciate the quick feed back guys!

strutnrut

I would recommend you getting a double sided pot with cystral on top of slate. Us the slate side for that limb talking and close in work. I would try different strikers on the call you have first. A set of good strikers makes a call more versatile.  If you are going to Nashville take your pot with you and run it with different strikers. Most callmakers don't have a problem with you doing this.

ky turkey hunter

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Iowaturkey

TauntoHawk

lots of good slate calls out there I have several but tend to carry a ceramic insteed as handles weather and moisture better and still has lots of grip to make those purrs and soft sounds

just a personal preferance though
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

allchokedup

I love my slate pot call made by Daryl Slaton. Great yelps, cuts and purrs. You can crank down on it and get some awesome volume out of it too. Check out slatonturkeycalls.

captin_hook

Lots of great call makers here. I buy a few calls every year . I try to take a different call with me each season. One call that will always be with me on every hunt is my Lonnie Sneed hot hen slate. Sounds great and the price is as good as it gets.

tnturkey

I carry quite of bit of different calls. I really like woodhavens cluck and purr pot. it is great sounding and actually a great price. I also have two of their slates that sound great and are very easy to do anything with. also I found another call maker that calls I am loving more and more every day and its oak ridge game calls. his name is jimmy Shaffer. I love his calls. but I am buying a hooks and david holleran calls this year. and I think I will really like theirs to.

REBELYELL

Quote from: scoot12 on January 24, 2014, 09:38:30 AM
lots of good ones out there,  Clint Corder,  Paul Platz and Lonnie Mabry are a few of my favorites,  Darrin Dawkins makes a plastic slate that is really good also. Scoot

This!! Also, Beard Hunter makes a great little purr and cluck pot for soft talk.