OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington Replacement Barrels

Started by Eric Gregg, January 21, 2014, 07:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Gregg

I would like to get another barrel for my 20, maybe 22-24" range, but I cannot find one. Matter of fact, tried looking on Remington's site and they are no longer carrying the compact models like they used to. Has anyone else noticed that they have cut back on the compact youth models....or am I missing something :help:

gophert

old frank

It may be cheaper to pick up a used barrel on one of the auction sites and have it cut and threaded for your choice of chokes.May be even better to check the pawn shops for a youth model gun.

20ga barrels are always harder to find and are usually expensive. I see a 21" VR 20ga at Remington store for $189, # is (F400028)

Good Luck!

Uvagobbler

I called Remington and ordered a new barrel for my 12 ga 11-87 special purpose. They can help you out, just tell them what you need. The barrels aren't cheap but they had what I wanted. Personally, I have a 26" barrel on my 20 ga 11-87 and love it. Give them a call if you can't find a used one.
    Good luck.

Eric Gregg

Thanks all for the help.
The main reason that I want a shorter barrel is that the 28" is just too long for my liking.
26 would even be better. I just like the compact feel of the shorter barrel.
Thanks again and I will give them a shot.

dirtnap

Quote from: Uvagobbler on January 24, 2014, 11:40:11 AM
I called Remington and ordered a new barrel for my 12 ga 11-87 special purpose. They can help you out, just tell them what you need. The barrels aren't cheap but they had what I wanted. Personally, I have a 26" barrel on my 20 ga 11-87 and love it. Give them a call if you can't find a used one.
    Good luck.

I ordered a replacement for a 20 gauge LT 20 directly from Remington several weeks ago.  It came with Rem chokes.  It was hard to find exactly what I wanted in the used category on the internet.

Eric Gregg

Quote from: dirtnap on January 25, 2014, 09:20:38 PM
Quote from: Uvagobbler on January 24, 2014, 11:40:11 AM
    Good luck.

I ordered a replacement for a 20 gauge LT 20 directly from Remington several weeks ago.  It came with Rem chokes.  It was hard to find exactly what I wanted in the used category on the internet.

I have dealt with Remington before and got great service. I think I will call them up and I bet you they can get me what I want. How much did you pay for your barrel?