OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

charles Daly 20 gauge patterning

Started by stringtalker, January 19, 2014, 07:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringtalker

Hey guys need some help, I have a Charles Daly 20 gauge semi-auto with a 26 inch barrel that I'm trying to pattern for a turkey gun. What choke tube would be the best for this gun using the federal heavy weight #7 shot. I've tried the Tru-glo strut stopper extreme but it don't shoot no where near as good as my 870 did with this choke, I don't want to spend a bucket full of money on choke tubes to see what it shoots the best, thanks
Douglas

R AJ

Perhaps your cheapest route is the Rem SF if you can find one available. Although I do not really have any problems with patterns in my 26" with the SSX, I prefer the Sumtoy 562-5 choke for that specific shell and my Fed FC lead loads mainly for pattern evenness more than number of pellets.

Did you also see what you were getting at 30 yards to see how much difference the extra 10 yards made?

Unfortunately even trying another persons  choke may not give the results of the choke you order. Your gun may do best with a 570- 575 choke as you really never know.

wvboy

I have a Charles Daly Pump 20 Ga .. I shoot it with a Primos Jelly Head and Nitros #7 .. it is deadly to 40 yds  ..

I have a Mossberg Pump 20 that I setup for my 10 year old .. with Federal HW #7s and a Trulock Choke .. it is good to 30 yds with 2 3/4 shells.. I have not graduated him to 3 inch yet, I hope it will get 40 once I do.. but just have not bought a box to try them from it..

RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

surehuntsalot

I have a CD 20ga pump that will not take Remington chokes,I like this shotgun alot,have taken some birds with it using a factory full choke,but I curious to why it won't take the Remingtons
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

SumToy

Quote from: surehuntsalot on January 31, 2014, 09:13:51 PM
I have a CD 20ga pump that will not take Remington chokes,I like this shotgun alot,have taken some birds with it using a factory full choke,but I curious to why it won't take the Remingtons

I have seen this once before.  It is a odd deal.  It was middle part of the choke that had to be turned down if I remember correctly. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA