Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Suggestions for Mossberg Bantam 20 gauge / sight and choke

Started by Gut Pile, January 17, 2014, 12:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gut Pile

First off thanks to everyone for sharing all of your knowledge on everything Turkey. It's good to be back now that Deer season has about ended for me here in Ohio. It was a very good one at that. Now for the next out door adventure / obsession...

Below is my Mossy Bantam 20 Gauge, I am looking for optics suggestions and choke suggestions. I did get my first Turkey with it last year, I used the factory supplied chokes, super modified was the tightest one they supplied and I used the Federal premium HEAVEYWEIGHT Turkey Load 2 3/4 at 1 1/8 oz #7 shot.

I used the 22" Feild barrel, the receiver is already drilled and tapped.

[/img]

Nevertheless I would like to make this gun fool proof with the right gear. It seems like hunting for gear in the off season's makes the waiting a little more bearable

Can't post the picture with IPad sorry about that.
about the best religion can possibly do, is maybe make you a nice person, where as a relationship with Jesus Christ can make you a new creation

Katmandew

Getting one of these myself this year.  I'm going with the Burris fast fire III Red dot for the sigh and I bought a box of hevi-13 mag blend 3" turkey loads for it.  I too would like to hear suggestions on the choke.

sevetts

Carlson's non ported hevishot choke 575. You'll be happy with both the feds and magnum blends. For $30 you will be tickled. Its just a good choke for any gun with those threads.(win 1300, h and r, mossbergs) they all love that choke with federals. Some people didn't have much luck shooting the 20ga mag blends but they shot pretty well with that choke, that's actually the combo I used to kill my first turkey with a 20ga 3 years ago. I've went a lil crazy with them since lol. Good luck you'll love them.

knightrider

don't over look the cheap tight wad choke!!! it has served my little Mossberg and h@r 20's well with magblend an hevi 7's :OGturkeyhead:

Katmandew

What about the hevi-13 choke?  Isn't it made for shooting the hevi-13 mag blend shells?