OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NEF 10 Advice

Started by Singleshot1, January 17, 2014, 07:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Singleshot1

Hi everyone, new here and have a few questions, I just picked up a NEF Turkey 10 Gauge and need some help selecting a choke, ammo and would like to find some fiber optic sights for it. Thanks

Rem Man

The NEF 10 gauge is a super gun! I have 2 of them and tested alot of chokes and ammo!!!! The best i found in mine and my buddy's is a Kicks .695 or a Kicks .690. The chokes work great with lead and the Fed HW. In my experience do yourself a favor and get some Fed Hw #7 yes they are expensive but are worth it!!!!! you should be able to turn 213-230 in a 10 inch circle at 40 with the Hw. I know that the .695 works great with #5 and #6 lead, and the .690 works super with the Hw. The best shooting lead shell in this gun was a .695 Kicks with the lead Federals with the flight control wad which are avail pretty much anywhere. I was getting around 145-160 with these and they are much cheaper! I would definitly suggest you send that barrell to William at Sumtoy and have him install the Williams rifle sights on your gun he does it for a great price and is a super guy!! or do what i did and put a red dot on that baby!!!! good luck i hope i helped you, Take care!

jerf

I have one also put a handi rifle thumbhole stock on it, filled the but stock with sand and put a indian creek .710 choke in and shoot nitro h-210 loads of straight  7 shot.

Bob

I've had mine for 2 seasons and 4 long beards.  The x full choke that it comes with patterned well and I decided to use it and added a set of Williams fiber optics.  I do recommend a Limbsaver slip on.

highwaygun

I got a Trulock non ported .680 in my pardner 10ga and I get 220's with federal HW #7 with my best being 232.