turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rem. #6s

Started by SCDieselDawg, January 16, 2014, 02:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCDieselDawg

Anybody had any luck with these? I know their 12 gauge loads aren't that great.

jakesdad

A lot of guys dont but I've had pretty decent(not outstanding)results with them out of my 870 with both the jellyhead and Rem SF chokes.Very solid at 30/35 yds.If I'm hunting somewhere where its gonna be close quarters I leave the Hevi at home and pack this.Would not be hesitant to use and will buy in the future if I find them for the right $$.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

bushwhacker

I get mid 80's in the ten at 40 with my 870 and tightwad choke using these loads. I wouldn't hesitate to use them in my gun. I don't get many 40 yard shots anyway.

surehuntsalot

for some reason they never have done very good for me in my 870
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

gophert

Like someone else said, out to 35 they are probably fine, but most any shell is good out to 35.  It really depends on what you are trying to achieve.  If you hunt mostly fields, you might want to spend a little more on some Fed HW's or Hevi shot since you may need to reach out there a little further.  If you hunt mostly timber, you will probably be fine. 

SCDieselDawg

Ive got a good setup with HWT 6s. But I'm just piddling with lead to see what would work if need be. This is the first box of 6s I've seen on the shelf. Today I found some Federal FCWs in #6 lead that I'll probably try as well.