OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Predator Control: Part One

Started by longbeard11, January 16, 2014, 09:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeard11

Well deer season has come to an end and most of us are in that lull period between rutting bucks and gobbling turkeys.  What is there to do right now?  Get out there and do some predator control!! Whether it be trapping or calling, its a very good idea to do what you can to keep those predators in check!  Trapping is a traditional thing that has been passed down through the years, and is still a very fun and effective way to take care of some of your predators in your area so that you maintain a healthy turkey and deer population.  You can catch pretty much every predator that is dangerous to a turkey and their nest with traps. 

Our newest installment in our trapping series is finished for this week.  Follow along in this video as the Davenport's check their trap line.  Alot of great catches and alot of great information to help make you a better trapper.  We plan to have these videos weekly as we have been catching alot of fur this year.  Hope that you all will enjoy this video and God Bless!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAA8EO4GwU&list=UUrwAZsTaVHgiAetbkUiR8Rg&feature=share

tomstopper

Nice video. Love the fact that you trap this your dad. Wish I would have spent more time with mine.......

JuniorPre 360

Neat video! It looks like the image was messed up towards the end though. Might just be something on my end. I almost jumped out of my chair when I saw how close you got to that raccoon. I've had a lot of run ins with them on the farm. They are mean suckers. We've trapped them since I was about 7 years old. 

longbeard11

Thanks for the replies guys. Glad u enjoyed the video. Sorry about the mess up at the end, not real sure what happened there.

Btw, this isn't me in the video, it's one of my best buddies that is on our staff at GGG outdoors and is a very good trapper! Him and his dad really get after em and put a hurting on the predators. We have a bunch more videos coming out soon so keep an eye open.

Yeah those coons can be mean for sure, but Chris and his dad get right up on em. Sometimes will grab em by the tail if they are caught good lol

kevin2

I started predator hunting back in 2009. Saw a coyote on one of the deer cameras that early deer season & have been after them ever since. Sporting & to control their impact on the deer population.

It is a blast. Learning to call them in is really fun. Hand calls are harder to master & in my opinion more gratifying once you get a predator to respond. But, a Foxpro is a great way to go also.

I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

JuniorPre 360

Quote from: longbeard11 on January 20, 2014, 04:18:23 PM
Yeah those coons can be mean for sure, but Chris and his dad get right up on em. Sometimes will grab em by the tail if they are caught good lol
Had a buddy do just that once. Bit him on the wrist. The consequence was I believe 6 or 7 rabies shots in the stomach. Looking forward to more videos and updates.