OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Federal heavy weight question

Started by Uchee creek gobblers, January 10, 2014, 03:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uchee creek gobblers

Okay I bought my wife the franchi affinity compact and I put the jelly head 570 in it. Can I shoot the federal heavy weight #7s with this choke with good results or is the ported choke gonna kill my pattern?
ALABAMA NOGGIN' KNOCKER

vaturkey

You can shoot the Fed. HW 7's in that choke but Federal recommends a non ported choke with no wad catchers for the best performance. Good luck !

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

Seth B

I get a nice even 150-180 in a 10" circle out of my 20 gauge nova with the #7 federal and a 570 jelly head choke.

Eric Gregg

I have a different gun, but I really like these loads out of my 20.
Patterned at 30yds and the flite control wad hit the target at 30 yds.
The choke is non-ported.

gophert

Here's the skimpy on that Federal Flight Control wad.  The FC wad that is in the 20 ga load is much softer than what Federal puts in their 12 ga load.  Therefore, you will consistently see great results with the 20 ga Fed HW #7's out of ported chokes.  My Indian Creek consistently broke the 150+ mark at 40  yards.

The FC wad in the 12 ga is very stiff and I think it does make a huge difference.   

Uchee creek gobblers

Hey that makes sense to me. Just waitin on a little warmer day to do some shootin now.
ALABAMA NOGGIN' KNOCKER

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: gophert on January 18, 2014, 02:05:42 PM
Here's the skimpy on that Federal Flight Control wad.  The FC wad that is in the 20 ga load is much softer than what Federal puts in their 12 ga load.  Therefore, you will consistently see great results with the 20 ga Fed HW #7's out of ported chokes.  My Indian Creek consistently broke the 150+ mark at 40  yards.

The FC wad in the 12 ga is very stiff and I think it does make a huge difference.

PM sent to you Sir

Sent from West By God Virginia.