OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Be Careful with your endeavors!!!

Started by magnoliagamecalls, January 04, 2014, 03:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnoliagamecalls

I dont come on here very often anymore seems life through me a little curve. Just wanted to share a experience that I had Aug 1 this past year. We where adding on to a fire station and I was cutting stakes for the slab with a skill saw when I had the saw kick back onto my hand. In the process I lost part of my thumb, a lot of feeling and use to my middle finger, and had the saw hit a couple of my other fingers. I will say my life changed rather quickly. I have had one surgery back in Sept to correct some issues I was having with my thumb and it helped some. I am still in therapy two days a week and still having a lot of nerve damage issues with both fingers. But through it the Lord blessed that it wasnt any worse. So be careful on your endeavors because things can change real quick.

WildSpur

Ouch!  Sorry to hear about this.   Hang in there and stay positive.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Austy

Ouch is right!!!  Hate to hear about that kind of stuff and like you said it happens in a millionth of a second.  Best of luck with your recovery!!!

chatterbox

I worked in an OR as a surgical technologist for over 20 years, and some of the most horrific injuries I saw were snowblower and saw trauma.
What happened to you was tragic, and it shows that even when we are careful, things change in a heartbeat.
I wish you a speedy recovery, and hopefully with the therapy, you will get the full use of your hand back!

M Sharpe

Many years ago, I too was a victim of a saw(table). This week, I added some more work tables and shelfs in my shop. After being out of construction for 12 years, I was a little apprehensive about notching out for selves with my skilsaw. I've seen saws kick back just like that one did you. Thank the good Lord, mine went without incident. I pray that you have a speedy recovery!!!

Mark
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

TarheelTurk

Best wishes and praying for you a speedy recovery man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

TRKYHTR

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get well soon. That just makes me cringe.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

o2stk1

dang dude, hang in there hope you get ok

ccleroy

Brother I had no idea!! I need to get up with you about some wood if you are still able and willing, let me know and I'm praying for a successful recovery!

Ricky

woodwzrd

Ouch. I can definitely relate. About 10 years ago I had a very similar kick back with a Skil saw and split the top of my thumb from the tip to about a half inch back from my first knuckle. It cut through my nail, the nail bed, all the tendons, and into the bone in one spot. I now have some very delicate scar tissue on my thumb as well as a funky ridge that runs the length of my thumb nail from the nail bed damage. I always thought of myself as being very fortunate that I still have all of my thumb. Until I moved back in August I always had the saw blade hanging on the wall by the clock in my shop as a constant reminder. Good Luck in your healing process.

M,Yingling

Man !!  Hope it heels quick for you
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

J Lacey

I run a saw every day for a living not to mention all the shop time at home building calls and projects.  These post remind me to be extra carful. Hope your gonna be ok, its one of my all time fears.

Jeff
2020 Ohio Buckeye World Champion
2020 GNCC Amateur National Champion
2022 Ohio Buckeye World Champion
2022 GNCC Don Chancey award winner

VanHelden Game Calls

I love and hate these posts :'(

Good luck on your recovery and thanks for the reminder.  t is amazing how we try to plan our lives only to realize we can't control a damn thing.  Just gotta roll with life and make the best of it.

TN-Hunter

Sorry to hear about this stay positive prayers will be sent for your recovery

Gawhitaker

Ouch, it sure happens fast, praying for a speedy recovery