turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Moss 500 youth

Started by bcknuts, December 26, 2013, 04:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcknuts

I bought my wife one last year.Shooting a ssx .550 out of it shooting Fed HW #6.Good to 30 yards looking for 40 yards .what are u shooting?
Kevin

chatterbox

Quote from: bcknuts on December 26, 2013, 04:50:40 PM
I bought my wife one last year.Shooting a ssx .550 out of it shooting Fed HW #6.Good to 30 yards looking for 40 yards .what are u shooting?
Try the Fed Heviweight #7's. I think you will like what you see.

Tom Dooley

My son uses the Mossberg Super Bantam with a .572 undertaker and Federal Heavyweight #7. This combo will go 40 yards easily.

bcknuts

Going to try that undertaker thank's.
Kevin

Tom Dooley

The Undertaker is the only choke I have tried in this gun and it worked so I am sticking with it. I got 163 in the 10 last year at 40 yrds. I have heard the SSX choke that you have does really well with the Heavyweight #7. You will also find that Sumtoy chokes get rave reviews on this site. If you have not already, I would suggest deep cleaning your barrel.

R AJ

Quote from: bcknuts on December 28, 2013, 05:37:31 PM
Going to try that undertaker thank's.

It's the shell that makes the most difference. The H-13 3" #7s are second as far as off the shelf brands.
The best shell for lead will come from Federal or Winchester in #6s.

cohuttariverrat

I set up a 500 bantam for myself last year. Polished the bore, added truglo sights, mossy oak graphic kit. Shooting fed hw 7. I only could afford to try 2 chokes so tried Primo tightwad that put out 100 at 40yd and the undertaker choke gave me 130's at 40. Took my first bird with it at 45yd last year