turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Joining the club

Started by Woods-n-water, December 23, 2013, 04:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woods-n-water

I've always lugged the ol 12 around until this yr. I bought a mossberg 510 mini 20 a few months ago. Topped it off with a weaver red dot and am pretty well stocked with fed HW #7. Just gotta get me a choke and dial it in.
I'm all about getting closer to critters.
Mossy Oak Pro Staff.
Member of the Tenth legion
I gobble every time I hear an owl hoot

ericjames

Can't wait to see some pics of this turkey slayer..

chatterbox

Quote from: Woods-n-water on December 23, 2013, 04:46:29 PM
I've always lugged the ol 12 around until this yr. I bought a mossberg 510 mini 20 a few months ago. Topped it off with a weaver red dot and am pretty well stocked with fed HW #7. Just gotta get me a choke and dial it in.
SSX, and SumToy chokes are really good places to start. Good luck! My son has the same gun, and with a factory full flush choke, he gets 182 in the 10" circle at 30 yards!

Tom Dooley

I would say Sumtoy would be a good place to get a choke. I have a .572 undertaker in my sons Mossberg super bantam and this combo covers 40 yards easily. My son tagged out during youth season last year. I left my brand new 835 in the cabinet the rest of the year and tagged out with my sons 20ga also. Good luck getting this gun dialed in. I would also like to know how you like the Weaver sight as I am considering getting one.