OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Purpleheart ???

Started by TarheelTurk, December 19, 2013, 05:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TarheelTurk

I turned my first call out of purpleheart this afternoon. When I purchased the board I remember the guy telling me that it wood get a brownish tint when turned , but if I left it alone it wood get the deep purple color back . My question is how long does I take and/or is there more to it ? Thanks Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

cypresscreek

Put it out in the bright sun for a few hours and it will purple back up.
Rick Ferlita
Cypress Creek Turkey Calls
Mossy Oak Pro Staff

WillowRidgeCalls

Put it in a window with bright sunlight on it for a day, and keep rotating it to get a nice purple all the way around it, then finish it asap to keep that purple color bright.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

TarheelTurk

Thank  you both for the advice /help !!! Now if the sun will donuts job and come out since it's suppose to be 75 here today Lol Thanks again y'all !

Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

RizzardiCustomCalls

The dash of your car on a sunny day works great.  I've even used a heat gun to bring out the purple....works like a champ.

TarheelTurk

Hadn't thought of the heat gun idea !

whitemarlin

You can use a propane torch to bring out the color also.

mwr

So if you finish it when its real purple it will stay that way??????  thanks!!

TarheelTurk

Jus turned my second piece today , may try the torch lightly on a chunk to see how that does

TarheelTurk

mwr the first call I turned once I left it in the sun , I finished it and so far it looks the same color