OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Could use some prayers - Update

Started by J-Shaped, December 17, 2013, 02:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Shaped

UPDATE: Dad got good news on his test results this week. This puts things in a better situation, and while we're not out of the woods yet, it's a significant step in the right direction that has lifted everybody's spirits, especially my Dad's. We'll know more about next steps in a couple of weeks, but I wanted to thank all of you for the prayers for our family this week. May each of you have a Merry Christmas. God Bless.

Guys. I don't post a lot, but make it a daily habit to check in on the devotionals and prayer requests from others. It never ceases to amaze me how relevant some of the devotionals are to what I may be experiencing in my life at the current time. I've prayed for a lot of folks on this site that I wouldn't know if I ran into them on the street, and now I'm on the other end asking for some prayers from you all. My Dad got some unsettling health news recently which he just shared with the family and is going for further testing today to find out what our next steps will be. If you could say a prayer for some good results, and for strength for all of our family as we tackle this issue, it would be much appreciated.

He is more than just my Dad. He's basically like a brother to me. Besides teaching me to be a man of character and integrity, and a host of other qualities that seem to be lost in today's society, he took the time to teach me how to hunt and fish. I passed on a lot of opportunities as a child and young man so I could spend more time in the field with him, and I don't regret a single decision to do that. As I've grown older, I've returned those gifts he's given me on every occasion I've had the chance to, and in a role-reversal sort of way I was actually the one that introduced him to turkey hunting many years ago. We've hunted together all over the country for deer, turkey, small game and western big game and have made some memories that I'll take to the grave with me. That said, I'm not ready to stop making those, and the many other memories that myself and others enjoy with the man.

My family's faith is strong, and I know we will make it through whatever journey the Good Lord has for us, but I am a firm believer and walking testament to the power of prayer and would appreciate anything you guys could offer.

God bless,

J-Shaped

Duke0002

We are praying for your dad and your family.  May Jesus, the Great Physician, grant His healing powers upon your dad and give wisdom to the medical professionals who attend to him.

BOFF

Father  God,

As we come to  You now,  we thank You for Your love,  grace,  and  mercy.  Thank You for  Your  son,  and the salvation we  have in   Him.

Lord, we  come to  You  as  the  Great  Physician,  lifting our  brother  and  particularly  his  father up to  You.  Honor  his  request  and  faithfulness  in  You. Lay  Your  healing hands upon  his  father  and  let  there  be  many more  healthy  years  to  come  for  these two  men  of  Your  own  heart.

Give  them  peace  and assurance.  Let  Your  Holy  Spirit  lead,  guide,  and  direct  their  steps  in this  situation.  Let  the  right  physicians  and medical  staff  be  over  his care  and treatment.

We  claim  in the  name of  Jesus a  complete  healing,  whether  through  treatments,  medicines,  diet,  or Your  miraculous  touch.  Not for their  glory,  but Yours.

Thank  You  for  what  You  have  already  done,  and thank  You  for  what  You  are  going  to  do.

For it is in the  name of  The Healer,  the  name of  The  Comforter,   the  name  of  Jesus  we  ask  and  claim  these  things,  Amen!

Please  keep us  updated.
God  Bless,
David B.

J-Shaped

Duke and BOFF, thank you from myself and my family. God Bless you both.

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

o2stk1

pappy

praying that the good news continues to pour in, and that the faith of your family will carry you through this.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

BOFF

Praise the Lord!!

Prayers for continued good news and healing.

God Bless,
David B.

o2stk1

mossybird

Prayers sent.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

J-Shaped

Thanks again to all of you. God bless.