OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

.25 pellet gun for turkeys

Started by 20ga.turkeyshooter, November 12, 2013, 06:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

20ga.turkeyshooter

Hey I have a walther falcon hunter. .25 pellet gun that creates 21 lot pounds at 40 yards I've used it for birds to even coyotes! I've never thought about it but it is legal in my state what do you think
Thanks

HartClemson99

I know that they are legal in California.  Not sure they are legal in any other states. 
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

HartClemson99

"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

Jrhunter25

Possibly. Fortunately air guns are something I know a lot about. First off get a chronograph and some accurate pellets that are more than 30 grains. Accuracy you want is about 3/4 of an inch and a good knowledge of their vitals. Most talon/falcon hunters in .25 make 25-28 ft.lbs at the muzzle depending on your gun. Check out the predator polymags, rapid expansion. For turkey stick to shotguns or bows, a dedicated turkey air rifle would  be 50+ ft.lbs .25 cal or larger PCP air rifle using 43+ grain slugs. Your talon magnum/falcon magnum should only be used at 20 yards or less...