OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington 887 nitro Mag

Started by 29810434, October 18, 2013, 09:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anybody shooting one,How does it pattern.Opinions,etc.Thanking about getting one.

grayfox

I personally don't own one but did shoot one, well 1 shot before it jammed up.  I went to shoot some skeet with a friend of mine a year or so ago & his friend had one.  I liked the rugged look & feel of the gun but after I shot it & it jammed the second shot I sort of developed a dislike of it.  After going home & reading reviews of it I found more negative than positive.  Don't know how one patterns & maybe they have worked the bugs out but I would do more research on one before I purchased it.  I think they are better guns out there than this one.

shadetree callers

I would stick with a Remington sps turkey gun in 3'' , 12 ga.   Best pump available in my opinion

Old Gobbler

The 887 is not the best received shotgun Remington has made , it will likely disappear down the road

- now... The versamax , I can inform you that I picked one up at bass pro for a good price , and it is a fabulous auto loader - I like it much better than any auto I've ever tried and that includes some twice it's price it's also a 3.5 chamber
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Does anyone know how the benelli super nova stacks up against the Remington?

Deputy 14

If your comparing the Benelli to the 887 then the Benelli is hands down a much preferred gun. If your comparing to other Remington's it's just a matter of personal preference and which fits you better.

Old Gobbler

I own a nova and its a solid gun , in fact I have too many and was wanting to sell it locally but yes I would recommend a nova or super nova over a 887 any day

My nova and a  JH 655 I can get 290 in a 10 with h13 #7's
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

I have a super nova ordered,thanks for all the help.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field