OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tree I D help y'all

Started by TarheelTurk, October 15, 2013, 11:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TarheelTurk

I have a few call blanks from this tree that was topped earlier this year. It's about 14/16" around. I was told I was a type of cherry tree, do you agree ? I can give a call blank o finished call pic if needed thanks in advance Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

BOB_HARWELL

That's what it looks like 2 me.
Bob

turkeykiller22

Black Cherry, Prunus serotina
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

VanHelden Game Calls

Its not black cherry.  The leaves are wrong as the black cherry has longer slender leaves and the bark does not have horizontal banding.

I looked it up in my National Audubon Field guide to trees and I am 99% sure its a Sweet cherry."Prunus avium" 

Grows 50 to 70' tall and around 1.5' wide.  Leaf shape is a great match as well as the bark with the noticeable horizontal banding.

BOB_HARWELL

Roun' here, we call it 'Wild Cherry.'

Bob

TarheelTurk

Thanks for all the help y'all !! I've made a few calls from it, which turned out pretty nice looking an sounding ( lil higher pitch from my glass than I usually get but not bad) jus didn't wanna be telling folks it's cherry if it wasn't. Thank You again for the help I appreciate it a bunch ! Jason. Btw I posted a call I made from it in the call section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL