turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Does anyone use Call Coat to finish?

Started by turkeykiller22, September 22, 2013, 03:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeykiller22

I was just wondering if anyone used this to finish their calls? I know some guys that build duck calls and this is what they use to finish their calls with. What is your opinion on it, or have you used it?

http://www.ecoadvanceproducts.com/products/outdoor-hunting/call-coat/call-coat-quart.html

Drew
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

Redfish71

I have seen some nice results on pot calls, it has a quick drying time around 30 min to touch, I have heard it is resistant to bug spray after 48 hrs.

RizzardiCustomCalls

never heard of it, but it sounds interesting.

pappy

Never used it, but I did some research, it appears the cross linking of the chemicals react in a way that increases the strength of the acrylic properties thus producing a finish that is nearly impervious to damages that other poly accredited finishes fall prey to. Also the biodegradable aspect looks to be more user friendly and environmentally friendly versus the other polys and such. I am going to purchase some to see how it would work, considering the covering is one thing but how it could help or discourage the sound aspect of a pot is another.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

fletchy

I am currently trying it out, I have only wiped it on so far but looks good!

Mac Dietrich

I just picked up a gallon of it and it came in Monday! I've got 12 pot and 12 strikers I'll be dipping today I'll post results ASAP

fletchy

I didn't have great luck dipping my pots but I did have good results applying it to a spinning pot.

Mac Dietrich

Dipping is a real pain in the rear....had very good results sanding after 2nd coat and wiping on finish then buffing after 3 coat here's 12 I finished  up all have 3 coats then buffed...really happy with the look it seams it's in between a gloss and a matte finish

swampgobbler

I think it is better suited for pot calls that are usually in a vest and not banging around.  I'm not going to write it off just yet, but I won't finish any more duck calls with the stuff.

Bntmtngamecalls

I am currently trying it on grunt calls and so far so good.  It did not work on pot calls for dipping, it may work wiped on though.  It seems pretty durable on the grunt calls I have it on as a test.