turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Walls ~ Devotion ~ 9/11/13

Started by lightsoutcalls, September 11, 2013, 07:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

Do you remember where you were 12 years ago today?  How did you first hear that our nation had been attacked?  We recognized that day that, without a doubt, we had an enemy. 

Sometimes in our personal lives we come under attack.  Sadly, sometimes we don't even recognize the attacks...

September 11, 2013

Walls of Protection

By Michael Youssef, Ph.D.

When Nehemiah first heard of Jerusalem's destruction, he wept and was emotionally shaken. He wrote, "For some days I mourned and fasted and prayed before the God of heaven" (Nehemiah 1:4). Nehemiah suddenly realized the walls around the city of Jerusalem were in ruins. Through all of this, he had mistakenly thought they had remained in place. But when the news arrived of their destruction, he became even more burdened.

In Old Testament times, walls around a city were a symbol of strength and security. Without these, a town would be left defenseless, vulnerable, and open to attack. This was the plight of Jerusalem. It was a city without protection against even wild animals. It had lost its identity and was on the verge of being totally reduced to a mound of rubble.

A person who has an undisciplined spirit or no self-control is like a city without walls. He or she is open to enemy attack at any given moment. When we fail to exercise a spirit of self-control, the wild animals of jealousy, rage, frustration, gossip, bearing a false witness, and more can enter our lives easily and unopposed.

A lack of self-control is Satan's way of preparing us for destruction. However, you do not have to fall victim to the enemy's schemes. You have all you need to stand firm in your faith. God is the One who strengthens you. When you fall in battle and cry out to Him, He rushes to your side and lifts you up.

If you have allowed sin to come into your life, then your spiritual walls of protection are down. However, God will repair them when you turn to Him, confess your sin, and seek His forgiveness. When you do, He will restore His walls of holy protection around your life.

Prayer: Father, please forgive me for allowing sin to creep into my life, compromising my relationship with You and putting me at risk for spiritual defeat. I confess this sin, ask You to restore to me the joy of my salvation and to grant me a willing spirit. Thank you for hearing and answering me. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

"Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self-control" (Proverbs 25:28).

If you've got 3 minutes, take a listen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YTZq37OpMw
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

misfire

VERY good message Wendell, thank you
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

turkey slayer

BOFF

Wendell,

Many Thanks!!

Day before yesterday was a great day, though at times, I lost my temper over  simple things, with no self control.

Reflecting on why, I realize I had unconfessed sin. Although more sin may be let in during these conditions, I feel sin in our lives, is often the cause of neglect, and the cause of broken walls in our lives.

Thanks for a great devotional, and Praise to our loving Father, who welcomes us back with outstretched arms!!

God Bless,
David B.