OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Joined the 20ga club

Started by alloutdoors, September 08, 2013, 04:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alloutdoors

I've been wanting to build a 20ga turkey gun for several years now, so when I had some extra money from a job this summer it seemed like as good a time as any. The sight and shells got here earlier last week and I picked up the gun Friday, got it drilled and tapped Saturday, and hit the range today. It was pretty windy so I mostly just ran some cheap shells through it to condition the choke and then patterned one shot at 40 with HW7's. The only problem is I'm hitting a bit low and am out of adjustment on the FF3 so I'm probably going to have to shim it. Overall though I'm loving this setup, the best part is that it comes in at nearly a full 2.5 lbs less than my 12ga 870 w/saddle mount and TruGlo red dot.

Benelli M2 26", FF3 w/336 mount, SumToy 562-5, 3" HW#7 1 1/2oz

Not too bad given the conditions. Next time out I'll run another box of Wal-Mart shells through it and then see what it can do when there's less wind.

FL-Boss

looking good.. plus that number will improve some when you spend more time tweaking.  Go ahead and sell the 12 ... you won't  pick it again....at least I didn't. 

gwa

Nice looking set-up!!

Denny Emery

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

outdoors

I HAVE ONE AND REALY LIKE IT , TOTE'N IT IN THE WOODS IS ITS REAL LIGHT
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

savduck

Ryan, welcome to the club. That 141 pattern out of that Sumtoy will reach out and touch a gobbler. Nice set up. You need to go bust a fall gobbler with it.
Georgia Boy

alloutdoors

Quote from: savduck on September 08, 2013, 10:41:35 PM
Ryan, welcome to the club. That 141 pattern out of that Sumtoy will reach out and touch a gobbler. Nice set up. You need to go bust a fall gobbler with it.

That's the plan, Del!  ;D Our fall season opens October 1st, I'll be out there trying to break in the new gun for sure!   :fud:

vaturkey

I have the exact same gun. It will flat out slam a gobbler. Dont know if I'll use the 12 again. Good luck with it. You have it set up nice !   :icon_thumright:

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

hookedspur

Quote from: vaturkey on September 09, 2013, 12:33:06 PM

I have the exact same gun. It will flat out slam a gobbler. Dont know if I'll use the 12 again. Good luck with it. You have it set up nice !   :icon_thumright:

vaturkey   :newmascot:

TRUE THIS
I have one same, specks but black and It IS a Tukey killin Machine
The only thing I like better than the way she shoots     ,,,is the way she carries !!!!
SO SWEET
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

chris30br

I also have the smart gun and shooting the Sumtoy .562-5 and I
Here to tell ya it will slam one azz with the fed Hw. The last year I been shooting tss and the tss is plum nasty. They don't have a chance if u do your pat and squeeze off a good shot. Iv killed em alot further than we be aloud to mention!!!!