OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Prayers needed for Gold Hunters Dad.

Started by vaturkey, August 18, 2013, 09:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaturkey

Hey folks,

I just got off the phone with my good friend Brian Wright (Gold Hunter).  He spent the week end in South Carolina with his Dad, who is not doing well.  Please keep Brian and his Dad in your thoughts and prayers.  I will keep you updated as I receive word from Brian.

Thanks,
Ricky (vaturkey)
Vaturkey

pappy

Tell Brian I am on my knees in prayer. I know how it is to need it and how it feels to get it....pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Hognutz

Prayers are onthe way for Brian's dad. I know this has to be hard on Brian, as well. May the Lord be with the family.. :bible:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

redarrow

slamman

savduck

Georgia Boy

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

GOLD HUNTER

Just got back in town from visiting with my Dad. My uncle and I wanted to spend a little time with him while he was conscious of his surroundings. We laughed, joked, cried and talked about old times. He also wanted to let us know his wishes for after his death concerning a funeral, etc. This is hard to talk about with someone you know and love and who is going to die. He said he was ready to die and that it was ok.

His health has went from bad to worse. I finally found out from the Hospice nurse what is wrong with Dad. He has a cancerous tumor that is growing around his main heart artery. He also has cancer in his ribs and breastbone. As a child he had polio and has worn braces all his life. Now the cancer has him so weak that he can't even walk anymore. He's on morphine to help ease the pain but the nurse said that this is just the start of this medication to make him comfortable. The doctor gave him less than 6 months to live but it all depends on the growth of the tumor and the spread of the cancer. I don't know when the doctors told him he had 6 months to live so it might be less time now. He has gotten worse in the last 3 weeks.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. This is a hard time and knowing you have friends praying and supporting you makes it a little easier.

Brian

CrustyRusty

Deputy 14

Prayers sent to you and your dad Brian.

Muzzy61

Prayers sent . May god give you comfort during these tryng times.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Devastator

land cruiser

owlhoot

renegade19