only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The unwelcome guest ~ Devotion ~ 7/30/13

Started by lightsoutcalls, July 31, 2013, 08:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

The Unwelcome Guest

By Michael Youssef, Ph.D.

Suppose that one day you open the door of your house and there stands a seven-foot, 300-pound man who pushes his way into your home. Before you can say anything, he makes himself comfortable in your favorite chair. When you politely ask him why he is in your house, he avoids answering your question.

You ask him to leave, but he won't. After dinner and after he has eaten most of your food, he considers departing. Your family is waiting for him to go. Suddenly, he announces that he is going to stay and moves into your bedroom. Fed up, you decide to call the police.

If you allow Satan into your life because of weakness or sin, then he will come in, take over, and bring defeat and oppression. He will not want to leave you alone. He will be like the unwelcome guest who takes over your home and refuses to leave.

The good news is that instead of waiting for the police to arrive, you have instant access to the One who has already defeated Satan. When Jesus died on the cross, He gave you the legal right to be a winner over Satan.

To know Christ is to experience forgiveness of sin. You can be assured of eternal life. If you fail to accept Christ as your Savior, then you will undergo the constant accusation of Satan forever and ever. Our subtle enemy knows that he has no authority to defeat you unless you give him that authority.

When Satan tempts you to feel sorry for yourself, when he tries to defeat you by having others attack you or criticize you unfairly, when he tries to get you to do your will and not God's will—tell him "No." It is finished—paid for and canceled.

Satan cannot harass or push his way into your life. You are a winner. God desires for you to be a winner, and He has made it possible.

Prayer: Father, I claim the victory of Jesus over my life. Protect me from Satan's attempts to enter my life. Thank You. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace . . .  so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" (Romans 15:13)

Let's take it back a few years for today's soulful musical interlude...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQT5d4G-j1Q
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net