turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Suggestions for 870 20 ga. youth scope base

Started by seadux, July 18, 2013, 02:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadux

I am planning to have a gunsmith drill and tap the receiver and want to take him the base.  Any suggestions on a good base?  What bases have others used? :help:

kwild835

If it was for a youth or myself for that matter, I would recommend the marlin 336 base for the Fastfire 2 or 3.  Not a fan of scope on turk gun for youth, Especially after I got my sweet scar from a scope on a turkey gun. lol

seadux

I must keep my head farther away from the scope than most.  I shoot the Rem. 870 12 ga. SM with the knoxx RR stock.  I have never yet (knock on my head) had it crease me.  Now the guy I hunt with has the Rem 11-87 SM with the shur-shot, he gets cut nearly everytime.  My wife has shot my gun and killed a couple nice birds with it.  She has not been hit by the scope,  knocked out of a chair and knocked over backwards standing from the recoil but not hit by the scope.  I love scopes so I will definitely be putting one on the 20, which I am setting up for her, at least that is what I tell her. :fud:

rock54

put scopes on both my wifes and my 20 gauge turkey guns, just pull the all the way back once in the rings and push forward to adjust distance before tightn down set srews on rings...workd for the both of us and  if it its for her let her tell you when its forward enough when she looks thru it, with out cheekn up to see thru it...

maybe help you....russ

seadux

redarrow

Marlin 336 seems to be the ticket. I have one on my Nova and most of the 870 guys I hear from use it on their 870s as well.