OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Is the M2 really the one to have or others just as good? opinions please.

Started by owlhoot, July 14, 2013, 11:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlhoot

or are others like the franchi affinity and the like just as good. THANK YOU .

IowaGobblers

I think it depends on what you are willing to spend, and what features you are looking for such as semi auto or pump etc.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

vaturkey

IMO The M2 is really the one to have !  If you can afford one you will never ever regret it.

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

huntmaster80

I would say the m2 is the one to have, I just got mine a few months ago and love it!!!

kwild835

I think the M2 is a great gun.  I don't think you will find and auto that is lighter or feels better in your hands.  That being said I sold mine this summer, to get a SX3.  The bolt came disengaged several times while I was hunting, and it cost me a coyote because of it. Only a matter of time before it cost me a turkey.  I fixed the problem with a stronger wolf spring.  Then the gun wouldn't cycle light dove/skeet loads.  I didn't want a 20 i couldnt shoot light/cheap loads with, so I sold it.   Strictly as turkey gun with the stiffer  recoil spring, I think you will be more than pleased with the M2.  I also think the 20 sx3 deserves a look if you are looking for an auto.

vaturkey

Quote from: kwild835 on July 15, 2013, 01:17:31 PM
I think the M2 is a great gun.  I don't think you will find and auto that is lighter or feels better in your hands.  That being said I sold mine this summer, to get a SX3.  The bolt came disengaged several times while I was hunting, and it cost me a coyote because of it. Only a matter of time before it cost me a turkey.  I fixed the problem with a stronger wolf spring.  Then the gun wouldn't cycle light dove/skeet loads.  I didn't want a 20 i couldnt shoot light/cheap loads with, so I sold it.   Strictly as turkey gun with the stiffer  recoil spring, I think you will be more than pleased with the M2.  I also think the 20 sx3 deserves a look if you are looking for an auto.
:newmascot: kwild

Did you install the wolf spring on your M2 ? How much trouble was it ? That's the only drawback I have with mine. The bolt comes back easy. . Thanks for any advice or info . Ricky
Vaturkey

savduck

Its all a matter of opinion. The buddies of mine that own them all like them. The buddies that own berettas 3901 love them, the buddies that own weatherby sa08 love them. I dont think they are any better or worse than any other quality semi auto. Check them out. Specifically sit down and see how they feel while in a sitting position. Id recommend buying what fits and feels best.

You can turn just about ANY gun into a shooter these days with all the science and quality loads and chokes.
Georgia Boy

kwild835

Quote from: savduck on July 15, 2013, 02:54:01 PM
You can turn just about ANY gun into a shooter these days with allthe science and quality loads and chokes.

True that!

beagler

Never Misses

Kates

I had one and it was very reliable and had a great feel.  Bought a Weatherby SA-08 and sold the Benelli.  My opinion, just as nice in a much more affordable package.

savduck

Quote from: Kates on July 21, 2013, 05:59:56 AM
I had one and it was very reliable and had a great feel.  Bought a Weatherby SA-08 and sold the Benelli.  My opinion, just as nice in a much more affordable package.

Ive gottnen rid of every benelli ive owned. I love my weatherby
Georgia Boy