turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

HW 7's HEAD RUSH AMMO

Started by GOLD HUNTER, July 08, 2013, 06:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLD HUNTER

well I have been working on a new load for the 2014 spring season this summer. its a 20ga. 3" : 1 9/16 # HW 7.
I will be working on a TSS #8 and TSS #9 load at the same time and will be running them about July 4.
we had a hard time getn the powder for this load, BUT Mr. Stan Potts found some and im LOADING NOW.

I named the 20ga. loads................. "HEAD RUSH"

Well 2day we shot the HW-#7 : 1 9/16 : 3" : 20ga. : 1123-1126 fps : HEAD-RUSH load and   :drool:

Here are some @ 35, 40 and 51 yards  with a ic.555

35 yds = 287, 308
40 yds = 190, 218, 250
51 yds = 122, 124, 151

I"ll will let Mr. Stan Potts tell it to you guys   :popcorn:

Thanks for looking
Brian  :OGturkeyhead:

savduck

That works. Great work Brian.
Georgia Boy

vaturkey

Well Folks

I just had a feeling that it was gonna  be a good day after Brian & myself went & had breakfast then took a little ride in the county & watched 6 strutter's in a field with no hens. Yea, 6 strutter's in July ! What's this world coming to ? LOL  After talking with Brian the last few months about this load he had a great game plan. I was amazed at how he can work his magic. The pics speak for themselves ! Thanks Brian for all your knowledge & hard work !

Ricky   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

nyhunter

:z-guntootsmiley: Them right there are some awesome patterns  :icon_thumright:

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

huntmaster80

wow those are some sweet looking paterns!!!

hookedspur

Nice and they have to be hittin HARD !!!!!

:newmascot: :newmascot: :newmascot: :newmascot: :newmascot: :newmascot:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

R AJ

Brian,
Can't say enough as far as pattern. Is this a $8-$12-$15 per shell load? Perhaps a 1 1/8 oz. load of TSS #9s will be plenty of medicine for a turkey at 40 and under. I shot one of Hal's #8x#9 TSS  2 3/4 " 20 gauge loads a few years ago and albeit my only double beard, it was a whopping 9 steps away.

Just don't know about the need for the 1 9/16 oz. #9 load except for extreme distances and extremely open areas.

You have a fine shell for such purposes and should be congratulated for that.

GOLD HUNTER

I've been working hard on this load and thanks BUT this was not a tss load posted on here, it was a HW #7 shot :1 9/16 : 20ga. we got a great deal on some HW 7's shot and loading them for under 5.00 per load.

brian

R AJ

Quote from: GOLD HUNTER on July 22, 2013, 08:21:23 PM
I've been working hard on this load and thanks BUT this was not a tss load posted on here, it was a HW #7 shot :1 9/16 : 20ga. we got a great deal on some HW 7's shot and loading them for under 5.00 per load.

brian

Brian,
Did I pay any attention to your post? Apparently not. Now that I see HW7s at only 1/16 oz. more shot than what is currently in the Federal load in 3" shells your loads are amazing. Gotta go to see the eye doctor soon .LOL.

chatterbox

Bria,

That is fantastic, buddy!
Congrats! You have produced some very bad turkey medicine right there! :icon_thumright:

ncturkey

Sweet load. I would the HW#7 would do a lot better without the flight control wad. I got to get in to reloading for sure. Awesome job Brian.

The Cohutta Strutter

Anybody seen America lately?

BandedSpur

Quote from: ncturkey on October 13, 2013, 04:03:20 PM
Sweet load. I would the HW#7 would do a lot better without the flight control wad. I got to get in to reloading for sure. Awesome job Brian.

This. Federal has a great 20 ga shell as is, but could be a whole lot better if they would drop that stupid FCW.