OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Call makers remark!

Started by barry, July 06, 2013, 12:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

First of all this was not from any call maker on this site.

I recently had a "Nationally Renowned" call maker do me a little favor so I sent him one of my tube calls as a gesture of my appreciation.
In his return letter he made a point to tell me that he tried the tube I had sent him "but it didn't sound as good as his"
I know personal preference is HUGE when it comes to turkey calls and yes this guy has won all kinds of awards with his calls but did he really have to say that?

Maybe he just wanted me to buy one if his calls, but still.

guesswho

If you had asked for an opinion then I see no problem.  But to just send him a call as a gesture of your appreciation, then his comment was classless.  A few people think to highly of themselves. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

stone road turkey calls

Barry, don't loose any sleep over that, let him bang his bell and we will continue to kill turkeys with your fine tube calls.

Gary
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

pappy

Barry, if i was to bury myself in all the comments that have been made about my calls I would be nostril deep in grief.....some call makers who have some recognition in the "big boys club" seem to forget how to accept gracious gifts of appreciation from other call makers. Me...on the other hand, I love the tube you sent me, and I wouldn't have a problem of you sending me at least four more......don't worry about this guy, DB or anyone else...pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Gooserbat

I wouldn't worry about it.  I've had my diaphragms compared to just about every brand of calls I know of and some I don't.  Sometimes for the better and sometimes not.  I don't let it bother me, instead I try to remember I started building calls for myself, and at the end of the day if I can be happy with my product and do the best I can then I am successful.  Anyway you've already showed more class by keeping his name to yourself. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

barry

Quote from: pappy on July 06, 2013, 12:39:23 PM
Me...on the other hand, I love the tube you sent me, and I wouldn't have a problem of you sending me at least four more.........pappy

Only 4?  ;D

pappy

I figure that's all you would have room for after you put the "maters" in the box.....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

RutnNStrutn

Barry, I'd settle for one of your calls. And I promise not to make any snide, classless comments!! ;) ;D :lol:

barry

Quote from: pappy on July 06, 2013, 03:51:28 PM
I figure that's all you would have room for after you put the "maters" in the box.....

I knew there was a catch!

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on July 06, 2013, 04:05:26 PM
Barry, I'd settle for one of your calls. And I promise not to make any snide, classless comments!! ;) ;D :lol:

Got anything laying around you wanna trade? Nothing fancy of course, after all they "don't sound that good" or so I've been told  :toothy9:

redarrow

Guy sounds like a stuffed shirt.

TRKYHTR

A agree with classless. I don't care who they are. I've got one of your tubes and I think it sounds great. Sometimes people have no clue how idiotic they are.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

drenalinld

Don't sweat it Barry. They are full of turkey. Probably jealous he can't run em like you.

DirtNap647

Woodsman4God

I dont have any of your calls Barry however, from everything I have heard and seen out of you I would think its top notch. Dont sweat over inflated egos, one day it will pop for him and it wont be pretty

WV TURKEY THUG

His call may sound better compared to ur call according to him but who cares what he thinks. It doesn't matter what he thinks but what matters is what the turkeys think. The guy is probably jealous of ur call because it sounds better then his.. so he said that to try and make u quit making calls so u don't run him out of bussiness. ;D