turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trigger work on a SBE?

Started by Ridge Rooster, June 20, 2013, 06:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridge Rooster

Have any of yall had this done to your SBE or SBE2? I am fixin to send my SBE off to get it drilled/tapped for a 336 FF base and would like to have the trigger smoothed up and lightened a little. Had a SBE2 worked on several years ago by a local gunsmith and I really couldn't see a difference when I got it back (Think I got skinned). Sold that gun to a buddy and now have a SBE that I am gonna dedicate to turkeys.

Specifically if yall have had any trigger work done by Rob Roberts, or Sumtoy customs, cause I am gonna send it to one of them. Leaning towards Rob because of his expertise with Benellis, but Sumtoy has quoted me a lot cheaper price.

Thanks
Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Ridge Rooster on June 20, 2013, 06:29:28 AM
Have any of yall had this done to your SBE or SBE2? I am fixin to send my SBE off to get it drilled/tapped for a 336 FF base and would like to have the trigger smoothed up and lightened a little. Had a SBE2 worked on several years ago by a local gunsmith and I really couldn't see a difference when I got it back (Think I got skinned). Sold that gun to a buddy and now have a SBE that I am gonna dedicate to turkeys.

Specifically if yall have had any trigger work done by Rob Roberts, or Sumtoy customs, cause I am gonna send it to one of them. Leaning towards Rob because of his expertise with Benellis, but Sumtoy has quoted me a lot cheaper price.

Thanks
Ridge Rooster

Rob does all the custom work for Benelli. If I were going to have any work done to a Benelli shotgun, he's the smith that I'd have do it.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

dms2511

Rob did the trigger, polished the action, ported the barrel, and extended the forcing cone on my SBE II.  I was very satisfied, and it was much cheaper then buying the Benelli performance gun.  Rob is a class act and a great person to deal with!

obro

I had the same dms2511 done by Rob and I am pleased .

Ridge Rooster

dms2511 and obro,

Did yall notice a big reduction in felt recoil and pattern improvement? What are yall shooting out of your guns, and what kind of patterns are yall getting. My SBE is at Rob's right now getting trigger work and drilled/tapped for a Burris 336 Fast Fire mount, thought about while he has it, going ahead and having the forcing cone lengthened/polished and ported, if it made very much of an improvement.

Thanks
Ridge Rooster

Ridge Rooster

I have had several guns worked on in the past, but never had one ported, and never had Rob work on any. Know by his reputation, and several referrals on here, plus the fact that he does Benelli's performance turkey guns, says alot. I already shoot the Rhino/Nitro combo through my gun so pellet count in the 10" is of little concern, would be hard to improve, but maybe a slightly more even pattern in the 20" would be a better hunting pattern?? I guess the main reason I would concider having the extra work done is for felt recoil. The Nitro ammo is pretty hot and any help would be nice!

Ridge Rooster