OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Prayer Request

Started by lightsoutcalls, June 12, 2013, 09:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

I'd like to ask you guys to remember a young lady in your prayers. Her name is Hannah.  She is 20 years old, and has been my oldest daughter's best friend for the past 6-8 years.  I've known her dad for about 30 years.  Hannah has a baby that is about 5-6 months old.  She had a difficult pregnancy.  Towards the end of her pregnancy she found out that she had cancer.  After the baby was born, she began having chemo treatments that seemed to be helping.  She has spent a lot of time with my daughter since then at my house and just hanging out.  The treatments have weakened her to the point that she can't lift her infant daughter.  Hannah's mom has taken care of the baby at night so Hannah could sleep.  My daughter has kept the baby at our house at times to give grandma a break. 
   Hannah went to the ER a couple of nights ago in pain.  Yesterday she met with her oncologist and found the chemo is no longer working to reduce the donut shaped tumor that surrounds her spine.  She was flown to Mayo Clinic last night for further treatment.  Her mom asked my daughter to ride with her (grandma) and the baby today to go stay with Hannah in MN while they try to decide the course of treatment.  Her local oncologist said if they don't remove the tumor, she could be paralyzed, but if they remove the tumor, there is always the chance that she could be paralyzed. 
   My daughter lost a baby last August at 4 months into her pregnancy.  Several months later, her then-husband decided he would rather not be married any longer and went back home to live with his mother.  Hannah had her baby a few months later and was diagnosed with cancer.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would appreciate your prayers for my daughter as well.  At 20 years old, she has gone through some difficult times and is now faced with the possibility of losing her best friend.  It would be a difficult thing for those of us over twice her age.

This picture of Hannah is about 5 years old, but I found it while pulling pictures of some of my calls off of a memory card this morning.  Please keep her and my daughter in your prayers.

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

BOFF

Sorry to read Wendell.

Words seem few and far between while taking this prayer request in.  :'(

Prayers will be lifted up though.

God Bless,
David B.

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

lightsoutcalls

Thanks guys.

My daughter called last night from MN and said the doctors give Hannah about 2 weeks to live.  They said the tumor is inoperable.  They may do radiation for about 5 days to relieve some pain and send her home. 

I pray that God will give me the right words to say to my daughter. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

BOFF

Prayers still lifted up for Hannnah, your daughter and you Wendell.

Such a heartbreaking thing.

God Bless,
David B.

drenalinld

coyote1

Prayers sent Wendell, it always troubles me to see anyone go thru cancer especially someone so young.

Duke0002

Our hearts ache at this news, Wendell.  God's mercies in Christ.  May the Holy Spirit, the
Comforter,  provide you wisdom of speech.

BOFF

Thoughts and prayers continue for Hannah, your daughter Wendell, family, and friends.

God Bless,
David B.

DirtNap647