OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Gun Please Help Me Decide!

Started by Rem Man, June 11, 2013, 11:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rem Man

Hi guys I have a problem and I guess it's a good one, I have 3 turkey guns but am trying to decide which one to make my designated gun. If you guys could help choose one considering that they all shoot good. Below are the guns, I will be shooting mainly 3' Heavyweight  7's. with a Burris Fastfire iii.

1.  Rem Turkey/Predator model 20 inch barrell Mossy Oak Obsession camo 12 Gauge
2.  Rem 870 Super Mag in Mossy Oak Bottom Land 26 inch barrell 12 Gauge
3.  Rem 1187 in Mossy Oak Break up 28 inch barrell 12 gauge

THANKS!!!!!

WildSpur

I vote for the 20" barrel. 

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

nyhunter

Either one of the 870's ONLY because there a little bit lighter, with that being said which ever one patterns best. If they truly both patterned the exact same then I'd go with the 20" turkey predator only because of the shorter barrel. I have a turkey/predator SM model and a 24" SM model both are awesome shooting gun but the 20" turkey/predator out patterns the 24" by just a little bit with H-13 3.5" 6's or 7's . Which ever one's you decide not to use I'll buy that way ther not in your way. :camohat:

Ridge Rooster

11-87 if barrel was shorter. Been packin one witha 21" barrel for years. The short barrel suites my style of hunting, so if you were not interested in finding a shorter barrel, I would then choose the 20" 870.

Just my opinion.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

captin_hook

Cant go wrong with any of them. I myself like the short barrels.

davisd9

If I had to pick a Remington it would be the 870 SM with 26" barrell.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ccleroy

Terry

eddie234

870 w/26" barrel.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

Rem Man

IowaGobblers

tomstopper

Casey Johnson

NWTF - Tennessee

natman

Door #1

I like a nice handy short barrel too.

HartClemson99

I own an 870 with a 26" barrel and several 1187s, BUT, my favorite gun is my 870 with a 20" barrel and the Shurshot stock.  It came with a Truglo, but it has since been replaced with an EOTech.  I love that short barrel and crazy enough, it patterns better than my 870 with a 26" barrel.
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973