OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hornady turkey loads

Started by TrkyHntr, February 08, 2011, 12:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

chatterbox

Do they make a 20 ga. shell? I'm limited in my choices for my son's rossi with a fixed modified barrel. I wonder if would work well?

VAHUNTER

sounds like the old Active loads. i would like to see how they do  :icon_thumright:
Good things come to those who wait

Boomstick

I just finished shooting em I'll post up my results when I get home. I like em

Charlie
"Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun" Ash from army of darkness

chatterbox

Quote from: Boomstick on February 13, 2011, 07:30:59 PM

Charlie
Did they make a 20 ga offering?

TrkyHntr

Charlie
can't wait to see your results.

Shane
He's big enough to ride in my truck!

Boomstick

[/quote]

I didn't see any at dicks while I was there

Charlie

TrkyHntr

Quote from: chatterbox on February 13, 2011, 07:22:09 PM
Do they make a 20 ga. shell? I'm limited in my choices for my son's rossi with a fixed modified barrel. I wonder if would work well?
They only had them in 12ga at the store around here.

Shane

chatterbox

Quote from: TrkyHntr on February 13, 2011, 07:47:40 PM
Quote from: chatterbox on February 13, 2011, 07:22:09 PM
They only had them in 12ga at the store around here.

Shane
Thanks. I'll have to keep a look out for them.

Jbird22

Quote from: chatterbox on February 13, 2011, 07:34:07 PM

Charlie

All I saw were 12 ga also.

WyoHunter

Quote from: VAHUNTER on February 13, 2011, 07:24:33 PM
sounds like the old Active loads. i would like to see how they do  :icon_thumright:
I still have one of the Activ 12 ga. 3" 2.25 oz nickle plated #5's in my vest. Killed two birds with them but now I carry it only as a spare if I need it. Gotta love those all plastic all red shells!  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Boomstick

ok, so im finally getting to upload the pics, sorry it took so long, had to take the family out to dinner. But first, all my gun info. im shooting a winchester 1300 with a 26 inch barell and i ordered a kicks choke but it hasnt come in, and im impatient, so i used my factory full choke. the rounds are the 3 in hornady heavy mag turkey #5. like i said before, when i shot them i liked them, mainly because of the fact that after every shot i had to bend my brand new election sign back up straight, they pack a pretty darn good punch. :icon_thumright:

i started at 20 yards(my shot was a bit to the right(i was standing in an ant hill and noticed right about the time i pulled the trigger)-

then went to 30

then 40

then 50 (the patterns a lot better a little bit off to the right, thats totally my fault, my aim was a bit off...)

and just for fun i went to 60

but those are my results, like i said though, i like em, and with a good choke, id shoot out to 60 with confidence. when i get my choke in ill re pattern and post up results.

charlie

TrkyHntr

That's not bad for a full choke. Did you happen to look at the wad? Was it like the Fed FC wad?

Shane

shootumindaface

Quote from: Boomstick on February 13, 2011, 09:56:07 PM

but those are my results, like i said though, i like em, and with a good choke, id shoot out to 60 with confidence. when i get my choke in ill re pattern and post up results.

charlie

Boomstick

I'm not sure what the fed flight control wads look lIke but this is hornadys wad, I meant to post it with the others but I forgot.