turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hornady turkey loads

Started by TrkyHntr, February 08, 2011, 12:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrkyHntr

I don't know anything about these loads, but I was in dicks sporting goods the other day and saw these on the shelf. They were 12ga 3" 1 3/4oz nickel plated #5 lead. If I remember correct the mv was 1300fps. They called the wad they used the versatite wad. Says on the box works best with an improved cylinder or modified choke. Something new for you guys shooting lead.

Shane
He's big enough to ride in my truck!

shootumindaface

Wow nothing on their site.. I was thinking a while back they should enter the fray.. But with the availability of HTL bulk shot these days, they could have made a better choice.. Hopefully these are cutting edge..

knightrider

interesting they make mighty fine rifle shells :cross2:

Gobble!

shootumindaface

I did a quick google search and it appears as if the same wad is in use in their buckshot loads.. Everyone swears its a Flitecontrol wad most likely with royalties to federal.. .

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

anthonyjhallen

That would be awesome if Hornady got into the mix.  I swear by there riffle ammo. 

anthonyjhallen

Flight control or not I would like to see a Hornady turkey load.  If they can keep up with their high standards I think they may be able to compete.

TrkyHntr

Quote from: anthonyjhallen on February 10, 2011, 09:24:26 AM
Flight control or not I would like to see a Hornady turkey load.  If they can keep up with their high standards I think they may be able to compete.
Dicks Sporting Goods is the only place I've seen these loads. I didn't know they existed until I saw them there.

Shane

TrkyHntr

Quote from: Spuriosity on February 10, 2011, 09:57:07 AM
Quote from: TrkyHntr on February 10, 2011, 09:54:49 AM
Quote from: anthonyjhallen on February 10, 2011, 09:24:26 AM
Flight control or not I would like to see a Hornady turkey load.  If they can keep up with their high standards I think they may be able to compete.
Dicks Sporting Goods is the only place I've seen these loads. I didn't know they existed until I saw them there.

Shane
Well, buy a box and send them downrange. Inquiring minds are dying to know. I just can't wait to see pix of patterns shot through an imp cyl.  ;)
I might pick up a box when I'm back over that way. I'll shoot them through my modified choke, lol.

Shane

Boomstick

I picked up two boxes tonight at dicks in dothan I plan on shooting them tommorow and I'll put up some results
"Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun" Ash from army of darkness

knightrider

Quote from: Boomstick on February 13, 2011, 12:12:53 AM
I picked up two boxes tonight at dicks in dothan I plan on shooting them tommorow and I'll put up some results
cant wait to see how they do :z-guntootsmiley:

Boomstick

Well I swear by their rifle ammo so I figured that they cant be too bad :icon_thumright:
"Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun" Ash from army of darkness

knightrider

Quote from: Boomstick on February 13, 2011, 12:22:11 AM
Well I swear by their rifle ammo so I figured that they cant be too bad :icon_thumright:
yep that is all i shoot in my rifles

Jbird22

First I've ever seen/heard of em also. I saw these in Dick's Sporting Goods in Madison, MS. I really like how it says on the package that they are best when used with improved or modified chokes. :)