turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

rabbit distress sound file/

Started by tra_cline, June 05, 2013, 09:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tra_cline

Do any of ya'll call makers make a rabbit distress call, and do you have a sound file. Looking to get one to try while coonhunting to get coon to look......Just something new I want to try.

TnTurk

tra_cline

I was wanting a sound file of the call makers actual call not just a distress sound. you are correct though lots of pred. video's and calling on Youtube!

TnTurk

The good things about those open reed distress calls, and what a lot of people don't know, is that they are capable of making a wide variety of calls and sounds that are not necessarily limited to a rabbit distress sound. For example, on my rubber rabbit call, I can manipulate the reed with lip and teeth pressure as well as mouth positioning on the reed to make many animal sounds. Cottontail distress, deer grunt, deer bleat, fawn bleat, pup distress, elk mews, bird distress, some barks and howls (though not very good IMO), whines and whimpers, are some examples. As with any call, the more you practice the better you get.  Good Luck and God Bless, Steve

Lonehowl