OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New to reloading. need help

Started by IowaGobblers, May 30, 2013, 11:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IowaGobblers

I have about a 3 box supply of fed. heavys but would like to try my hand at reloading soon. I have a single stage reloader,  but have no idea on anything for supplies. What all do I need (what brands etc.) Powder, shot (preferably tungsten or heavy), wads, hulls. Any information you have will help. Thanks!

davisd9

First you need to get a manual on the type of shot that you are going to use.  I load 13 c/gg for the 12 ga and the pressures can raise quickly.  Make sure you use a proven load.  Check ballistic products and precision reloading for your components.  Ballistic products also has a load of the week archives that has proven loads and you can submit a request for a load you are interested in.  Get them tested for pressure.  Good luck!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

remmy1187

Buy the manual from BPI called, Handloading Hevi-Shot Manual, 4th ed.  It is a good starting point and explains a lot of the issues involved in loading Hevishot and has some load data to get you started.