turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Opinions needed...

Started by Hooksnhorns, February 22, 2015, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooksnhorns

I've been working on my front end yelpin and 2 note yelpin. I made a short recording today  of myself calling to see what I need to improve on. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks y'all.
Don't Tread On Me

dirt road ninja

Sounds good to me as fellow turkey hunter. Maybe one of the calling contest guys could comment on it, but that will hunt all day everyday.

Jbird22

That'll get it done right there! Your yelps, clucks, purrs, and whines all sound very authentic to me.

GobbleNut

Excellent calling,...if you don't bring 'em in sounding like that, it is not your calling that is the reason.  Very well done!

Hooksnhorns

Thanks y'all. JBird, I've heard your callin on here, for you to tell me that means alot, thanks brother. I'm tryin to improve so I can sound as realistic as possible. These public land birds get HAMMERED purty good and I'm jus tryin to set myself apart.
Don't Tread On Me

Jbird22

Quote from: Hooksnhorns on February 22, 2015, 10:07:09 PM
Thanks y'all. JBird, I've heard your callin on here, for you to tell me that means alot, thanks brother. I'm tryin to improve so I can sound as realistic as possible. These public land birds get HAMMERED purty good and I'm jus tryin to set myself apart.
Thanks bud I appreciate that! Like you, I'm just a who's guy obsessed with sounding as much like a hen turkey as I possibly can. I know what you mean about these stubborn South MS public land turkeys. They'll test your will that's for sure! Lord willing, I'll be up in your general neck of the woods on the 20th and 21st for my Tallahala draw. I've hunted there two draws before and have been close but haven't sealed the deal there yet. Hope to change that this year!

Hooksnhorns

Aww yea, Tallahala ain't far from me. I'm bout 20-25 mins west of there. I live in a lil community called Burns on hwy 481 south of Caney Creek wma.
Don't Tread On Me