turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Tukey Rig!

Started by FL-Boss, May 07, 2013, 09:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL-Boss

Alright.. I'm set up with the new SA-20 Turkey Thug.  Got the sling, choke and Truglo installed.  Man this thing is light.. can wait to start patterning next week. Seriously doubt I will ever go back to a 12ga now..

Chuck1443

Sharp ! I'm doing the same thing for next season but I'm going with the super bantam I believe . Was just blessed with my first grandson last week and need to start getting him ready lol

Brian Stewart

I believe you will love it as much as I do mine.
But as for me and my family, we will serve the LORD.  Joshua 24:15

chris30br

What chokes have you guys tried.in the sa-20 thug? I'm very seriously thanking about setting one up tor next year and retire my m2. What shells have you also tried. I probly will be shooting only tss but can kinda now what to expect how the gun will do by how factory shells perfom out of it. Thanks in advance :OGturkeyhead:

CntrlPA

Thats a nice gun! How much do they run?

Brian Stewart

Factory choke Fed HW 7's at 40 yards in the 120's
Sumtoy 562 Fed HW 7's at 40 yards in the 140's
Sumtoy 562 Hevi #7's at 40 yards in the 140's
Indian Creek 555 Hevi #7's at 40 yards in the 150's
Indian Creek 555 Nitro Company straight #7's at 40 yards in the 180's

This is pretty much the order I done my testing on. Once I tried the Nitro Company loads season opened in TN the next week so that was it for me testing except for changing sights on my gun but 4 gobbles have verified the results.
But as for me and my family, we will serve the LORD.  Joshua 24:15

chris30br

Yep. Gonna have to pick me up a mossy. That it good results just like any other mossberg that IV seen

goblr77

That's a nice looking rig!

DirtNap647

surehuntsalot

got my eyes open for one come next season
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

gobblenomore

I've got the exact rig for my wife and we shot it today with the factory choke and #7 Hevis. At 40yds a turkey is dead all day long. Will shoot it with a PG and tightwad next week. The nevi mag blend also shot very well/

FL-Boss

I going to finally be able to shoot mine for the first time this week.. plan on polishing the barrel and trying a few different chokes with HEVI #7 and FEDERAL HEVI #7 FC.  I will have results posted later in the week.

tomstopper