OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

sbe2 setups?

Started by bigbird, May 04, 2013, 05:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridge Rooster

Thanks. Is the advantage just that you can use a smaller base? Cleaner looking mounting option? How hard is it to drill and tap the reciever, I have heard several horror stories about people trying to drill into Benelli SBE recievers?

Thanks
Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

01Foreman400

Quote from: Ridge Rooster on May 07, 2013, 06:06:25 AM
Thanks. Is the advantage just that you can use a smaller base? Cleaner looking mounting option? How hard is it to drill and tap the reciever, I have heard several horror stories about people trying to drill into Benelli SBE recievers?

Thanks
Ridge Rooster

I like it for the clean and sleek look.  My gunsmith didn't say anything about how hard it was.  I've read where folks have had problems though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

Charliebtsj

Have sbe2 with Indian creek 665.  Does great with nitro mega shot and 3 1/2 inch hevi shot #6.  Remember the main thing is to clean your gun/choke often and well GOOD LUCK

Ps nitro over 200 in the 10 inch but the hevi 6s had best 20 in pattern

chrmayo

Just a heads up if your gun is already drilled and tapped have the smith just add an extra hole to your base to match up. Lot rather be drilling on a 30 dollar base than a 1300$ gun. Just a thought. Had it done once.
-MAYO-

the Ward

Quote from: chrmayo on May 12, 2013, 12:25:58 AM
Just a heads up if your gun is already drilled and tapped have the smith just add an extra hole to your base to match up. Lot rather be drilling on a 30 dollar base than a 1300$ gun. Just a thought. Had it done once.
:agreed:

PALongspur

My SBEII has a 26" barrel, I also had the forcing cone lengthened and polished by Rob Roberts. I'm shooting Rob's Final Strut .650 and 3 1/2" Federal Heavyweight #7s. If I remember right the best I've ever got in 10" @ 40 yards was around 180. One thing is for sure, this combo slams gobblers!

Ridge Rooster

Your right chrmayo, overlooking the obvious. The problem with mine is that it is not drilled and tapped, mine is a SBE1.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

mightyjoeyoung

I run the 24" SBE II with a P.G. .670 and 3.5" Hevi straight 6's.  avg. a very even 250 in the 10" at 40 yards.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

bigbird

My ic tube should be here Monday! I've got win ext range 5's and mag blend. The 5's shoot good out of my jelly head, the mag blends didn't unfortunately but got high hopes with this new ic tube!

MouthCaller

I have wanted one for ever and the plan is to buy one this year before dove season but my question to you guys is do you use your SEBII for more than just turkey hunting and do any of you change out the stocks with a pistol grip for turkey and go back to the regular for duck and dove. Is there much of a difference in the 26'' and 28'' barrels, and has anyone ever seen a pistol grip stock in the Mossy Oak Duck Blind pattern because I cant find one and I want to buy my gun in MODB.

bigbird

All I use mine for is turkeys, I've got an extrema 2 that I dove and waterfowl hunt with! Don't know about the pistol grip part of your question. Mines a regular ol sbeII in advantage timber.

lunghit

My SBE2 with steady grip is a dedicated turkey gun. When I do duck hunt I hunt the saltwater marshes on Long Island and I don't like to bring expensive guns out there. My SBE2 has the 24" barrel so I really cant answer your question. I know I would buy the 26" barrel before the 28".
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

bigbird

Well my Indian Creek choke tube came in the mail today and I had to take it out and give it a test run. Holy smokes is that choke tight!  it throws an excellent pattern with Winchester supreme elite number five extended range shells! But the problem is the POA and the POI are a little off, I can live with it because it's dead on but about 5 to 6 low at 40 yds. The mag blends did so so, wasn't really impressed personally and the 3.5 2.25 oz winchester #6's really was the best but again shot low, the mags low and left, not a bad shell but I just had higher hopes for them!

zeus26

This bird was SUPPOSED to be my Z7's first harvest, but he didn't want to follow his cute little Jenny in to talk to the decoys for an up close and personal meet-n-greet.  Instead, he drifted off towards the hedgerow of the field (that was a lasered 40 yards from the blind) and gave her a few impatient "c'mon honey, stop chatting and let's go" clucks.  I clucked once to get the neck stretch and sent a load of 3-1/2" Nitro H517 (4x5x7) his way out of my 26" SBE II with a .660 Rhino.  He dropped in his tracks.

Jellyhead

Beautiful Michigan tom