turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Call making Wood Supplier

Started by Cervinae, May 06, 2013, 10:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cervinae

I am interested in wood supplier Internet website to order box call wood.  I am familiar with the Wood Yard.  Is there others?  Thanks.

lightsoutcalls

Use the websearch option on your provider (google, yahoo, etc.) .  Type in the particular wood you are interested in and do a web search.  There are quite a few different sellers that have good woods.  Some will have minimum orders, which may limit your options.  One of the sellers I buy from has a 10 board foot minimum on exotics and a 20 board foot minimum on domestics.  If you are just looking for a few blanks, that can run into more money than some want to spend. 

If you are looking for just a blank or two, try ebay. 

After 9 years of callmaking, I still do a websearch here and there to find new suppliers.  One that I had used for several years went to a minimum 100 board foot order requirement.  Needless to say, I won't be ordering from them again.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Cervinae

Thanks for response. And, by the way, I use the heck out of a slate call you made for me two seasons ago.  With regard to purchasing wood, I was hoping to get a few reliable, trustworthy names given to me to prevent trial and error; Lots of everything on the web. Thanks again.

lightsoutcalls

Try Steve Wall Lumber.  Sorry, I don't have a link without googling it myself.  I just called and ordered 20 bd. ft. of quarter-sawn white oak this AM from them.  They are a good source, but you have to order 10 board feet of exotics or 20 board feet of domestics. 

I have used Glimer wood company (don't remember location) and Exotic Lumber out of Maryland (ordered canarywood from them last week). 

You can try Bell Forest Wood products for single blanks, but they are pricey.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!