OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The new life for my Mossberg

Started by WV Ridge Reaper, April 26, 2013, 10:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Ridge Reaper

Ok so a little back ground here,been turkey hunting for years but the bug really got me this year.I called in my first bird alone,have only taken 2 jakes but hopefully that will change one of these days.

I have this 20 Gauge Mossy that was bought for me when I was about 11,for fall turkey and squirrel hunting.Well I got older and had this g/f that one day decided to she would make a point,I had about 10 guns in a cabinet.I refused to come home and lay with someone who was a cheater,I stayed away and finally came home,but she is long gone now...Anyway I went to get a gun out one day to go hunting and open the door,to find all of my guns with some kind of sauce all over them.At first I was like what in the heck is this crap and was ticked.I go to wipe it off the guns and my bluing came right off.

At this point I was irate,I had a lot of guns that was bought for me as a kid.And the cabinet was build by my paps dad so it was old and had meaning.I ended up just sealing a lot of them for cheap because they was ruined...I later found out that Ketchup,BBQ sauce will eat the bluing off on a gun.

Well I ended up keeping this Mossberg 20 gauge and I need a gun for just turkey.I see all of you guys using these 20 gauges for turkey and I love it!!! So instead of re bluing this gun which in the end would probably look like crap,I have decided to have it dipped in camo.I am also going to be getting a Sumtoy choke and some sights.I go back to work next week so I will be sending it off for dipping in 2-3 weeks.

I would like some input from you guys one what camo would be different and think would look good for the turkey woods.I have found this company Color&Camo which I have dealt with before,so I will be going threw them again.Here is the site http://www.colorandcamo.com/patterns.htm if you can look at the patterns they offer and tell me which one you like the best.I plan to get a Benelli by next spring so I would like to have a pattern on the mossy that you don't see on these new camos guns...I am more of a realtree guy myself and like the Realtree Advantage Max 1,

Sorry for the long winded post,just wanted to let you guys know everything..Kinda make this a build thread.

I took the gun apart today and took some pics of everything.

Deputy 14

Man that sucks about your guns. If say you'll be happy with a good camo dip though.

mossyoakpro

The camo will take care of all of that!!  Also Ceracote does a great job....I just sent my little 20 off for a Ceracote bath because I could see it rusting everytime I went in the woods with it.

Best of luck!!  And welcome to the 20 gauge killers!!
Phillippians 4:13

bubbaboy

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

WV Ridge Reaper

Thanks..I am thinking maybe having it dipped in Mossy Oak Bottomland.

WV Ridge Reaper

I need some feedback on a camo pattern to have this thing dipped in!!

Brian Stewart

Contact Bucky at Dipping Thugs he will do you right on the Bottomland pattern.
But as for me and my family, we will serve the LORD.  Joshua 24:15

WV Ridge Reaper

Well the gun was shipped out last week,just ordered a set of the Hi Vis Tom Buster 2 sights.Also called William at Sumtoy to get a choke but I want to have the barrel cut down and he suggested we wait on getting a choke until I got it cut down.

So when everything comes back from being dipped,I am sending the barrel to William and have it cut off.At the same time it will then be getting choked.

WV Ridge Reaper

Here is the gun put back together,Color and Camo did the dipping.I need to get the rear sight on then its off to Rob Roberts for some choke work.

outdoors

THEY DID A REAL GOOD JOB , LOOKS LIKE NEW  :icon_thumright:   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Casey Johnson

Quote from: outdoors on July 30, 2013, 01:37:13 PM
THEY DID A REAL GOOD JOB , LOOKS LIKE NEW  :icon_thumright:   :icon_thumright:

X2....... That Bottomland looks sweet!
NWTF - Tennessee

WV Ridge Reaper

Yes they did a great job for sure!! I got my barrel stickers on this evening,I got them from a member on here that goes by mackdieseldude I believe is his screen name...Also plans have changed with getting the barrel cut,I talked to Rob Robertson and it will be going to him for a choke/load combo with some trigger work being done as well

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

mckinzie