turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

MORE than impressed...

Started by TheSportsman, April 25, 2013, 08:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

I spent a lot of time and money with my Browning Gold NWTF 3.5 turkey gun this year before the MS/AR/TN seasons opened and found a amazing combination that shot just how I wanted it.  Its Lethal...  The gun LOVED the Pure Gold .670 with the 3.5" MagBlends.  My season ended today and I have covered a lot of ground.  I was lucky enough to harvest 8 Longbeards this year with the combo.  I will have to say two things.... One... I have never had a turkeys head bleed so much as I have had this year, nothing but jellyheads.  And Second... Up until this year I have never pulled the trigger on a gobbler without having some floppage, death beats, whatever you want to call it.  On 4 out of the 8 LBs I killed, 4 of them NEVER flopped, and I mean None...

I wanted to thank of all guys on OG that have helped me and and guided me on everything from Polishing barrels, deep cleaning, chokes, and patterning.  Thanks again guys

ads1

Congratulations on a great season! Looks like your hard work and preparation really paid off.  I didn't polish my barrel, but did run it through a deep clean and the pattern really improved. Sometimes it is all the little things that results in a successful season. Happy Hunting. :gobble:
Terry E. Kiser from Southeastern Illinois

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

DirtNap647

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Pure Gold makes a very good choke.

tomstopper

Punisher

albrubacker

Congrats on a great season! Sounds like one deadly combo
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

turkey buster

way to go on a great season!!!

Ridge Rooster

Man that is awsome! Wish I had enuff vacation/money to hunt that many states! We did hit my old home state of Georgia (Anual weekend trip), got a small piece of private land and also checked out the Oconee Ntl Forrest this year, but the weekend we went down, weather was awful for turkey hunting. Little to no gobblin! Kentucky has been good to me this year again (tagged out early), but I have gone with a couple of friends since the first week of season and birds are tuff, very henned up!

Congrats on a great season!

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

870supermagnum

Congrats on a great season, and gun & shell combo.   :happy0064:   You must live in or around Memphis (AR/MS/TN area).  I was born and raised there, but currently live in NE Florida.