OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Son's First Gobbler and with a 20 ga.(Pics Added)

Started by WildTigerTrout, April 23, 2013, 07:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mozer67

Great going Sterling !! Just got my first bird this past spring so I know how proud you are!!
I'm sure you've got the fever now just like I do ! :happy0064:

Seth B

Great bird. With lead shot even. That's nice to see. I recently got a 20 gauge nova with a 24"  barrel, that I've been setting up for turkey. I'm getting A pretty good pattern with the Fed #7 Heavyweight and a jelly head choke. Those shells are just so freaking expensive. Been looking for a lead alternative.  Just wondering what choke you have in your gun? and how do you like it?

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: Seth B on September 02, 2013, 11:43:28 AM
Great bird. With lead shot even. That's nice to see. I recently got a 20 gauge nova with a 24"  barrel, that I've been setting up for turkey. I'm getting A pretty good pattern with the Fed #7 Heavyweight and a jelly head choke. Those shells are just so freaking expensive. Been looking for a lead alternative.  Just wondering what choke you have in your gun? and how do you like it?
I have two chokes for that gun. With the Fed. 3" Pre FC #6's I use a HS Strut "Undertaker". I also shoot Win. 3" HV Supreme 1 5/16 oz. of #5's in that gun and use the Primos "Tightwad" choke. Both loads and chokes work very well. IMO your "Jellyhead" should work great with lead shot. Try the Win. load.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!