OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Shot my Rem 870 youth for the first time

Started by CntrlPA, April 07, 2013, 07:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CntrlPA

I finally got to shoot some heavyweight loads through my gun yesterday. It was sunny and about 60 degrees. We were shooting a bunch of other guns as well so i only shot 3 times. all of my patterns were off to the right a little bit, I'm probably going to have to get some Williams universal slugger sights. I'm anxious to get out and shoot again because my pattern improved with each shot. Here's the results in order of how i shot them at 40yds.

Rem Xtra full
Heavyweight #7 (V lot)
109 hits in 10"

Truglo SSX
Heavyweight #7
123 hits in 10"

Rem Xtra Full
Heavyweight #7
137 hits in 10"

SumToy

The 137 is in the ball park.  I think 140 to 150 are good numbers for all guns.  You will see a little more out of the auto guns.  Now you will see a few guns go bigger and a few go smaller. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

CntrlPA

Thanks for the info. I'm a little confused now, as to whether i want to clean the barrel or leave it dirty since my patterns improved. If the shells weren't so darn expensive this wouldn't be an issue.

CntrlPA

I shot my gun again today to shoot on my new Williams slugger sights. I put 15 low brass shells through it without cleaning it. My last shot with a RSF #7 Heavyweight put 136 in 10" without cleaning. With these results, I won't clean it again until the end of the season.

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: CntrlPA on April 19, 2013, 08:16:55 PM
I shot my gun again today to shoot on my new Williams slugger sights. I put 15 low brass shells through it without cleaning it. My last shot with a RSF #7 Heavyweight put 136 in 10" without cleaning. With these results, I won't clean it again until the end of the season.

My 21" 870 with a SumToy shoots the best starting on the 3 shot after cleaning and holds that until about 40 rounds down range. I just do a deep clean right before season and go out and shoot 5 of what ever dove loads I have handy and then stuff it with Hevi's and roll on.

CntrlPA

Quote from: Daman on April 20, 2013, 11:18:41 AM
Quote from: CntrlPA on April 19, 2013, 08:16:55 PM

My 21" 870 with a SumToy shoots the best starting on the 3 shot after cleaning and holds that until about 40 rounds down range. I just do a deep clean right before season and go out and shoot 5 of what ever dove loads I have handy and then stuff it with Hevi's and roll on.

That sounds like a solid plan, I believe I'll start doing the same. Thanks