turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Will fire harm a choke?

Started by Tom Foolery, April 19, 2013, 08:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Foolery

RAJ, that's funny and probably true.  Us turkey hunters are a strange bunch.

I got the choke today and started the cleanup process.  He was more than happy to get $20, he was going fishing and needed some new baits.

I got a can of Acetone, a bottle of Carb and Choke Cleaner, some Chore Boy copper, Scotch Brite and a drill.  After a good 30min Acetone soak the junk really started rolling out.  It cleaned up pretty good, there are a few pitted spots on the inside but they are small and shallow.  If the weather is ok I will probably shoot it tomorrow.

Tom Foolery

Here is what came out/off the choke in the Acetone soak.

Tom Foolery

We won't be roasting chokes any time soon after patterning this one.  I have only shot 3.5" 2oz #5 and 3.5" 2.25oz #5 and neither has hit 80 @ 40yds.

turkey buster

Quote from: Tom Foolery on April 26, 2013, 10:01:50 PM
We won't be roasting chokes any time soon after patterning this one.  I have only shot 3.5" 2oz #5 and 3.5" 2.25oz #5 and neither has hit 80 @ 40yds.

hey it was the meaning of the purchase that was worth it.  :thanks: for being a good person to a kid

Tom Foolery

Yeah, I didn't figure there was any way it would beat my Stardot.  It throws an even pattern and it will look good sitting in my reloading room.  If he ever wants it back it's all his.

Kicks makes a tough choke I'll give them that.

Thanks guys