Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Y'all quit dragging tail :)

Started by 2Beards, April 14, 2013, 04:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2Beards

And go shoot a bird bigger than a measly 70 points..
Good Lord blessed me with this 4 bearded gobbler this morning

Started heading to my club this morning and right before I turn off to head that way my dad calls and says to come chase them with him so I decided heck why not and met him at his place. We head up mountain and I get to power line food plot and thought about looking for a glass call I lost the previous year but at 537 he sounded off and he was close. I cut through food plot and up to point right below him not 60 yards away. By the time daylight arrives 2 more birds join the party. I hear wings and sure enough birds pitch down right under tree and start working my way. Well all the sudden 2 more birds pitch out and all 3 birds gobble. It was 2 jakes and they pitched into food plot about 80 yards away slightly downhill. This ticked the gobblers off as they immediately pitched into the field and ran the jakes clear off the mountain. After that the gobblers double and triple gobbled at me for 30 minutes but would not come to far edge of food plot for a shot. All this while I was texting my dad and telling him where to get setup as I knew where the birds were headed. Sure enough they leave food plot and head that way. As soon as they get under food plot I run down to food plot throw out my trusty jake decoy and setup thinking I could call those birds back. Thought it worked last year on this bird I nicknamed bullet proof why not make it work again. Well after about 5 minutes of calling and trying to sound like jakes that they seem to hate I heard them gobble over close to my dad, great he is fixing to get a shot, awesome. I then get a text from him asking if I see or hear birds, not 3 seconds after reading text I hear dooooooooooommmmmm!! I thought if they see this decoy it's on so I quickly get reset up and while on my knees trying to see rest of food plot and my decoy I see them come running full and 1/2 strut gobbling towards my decoy and the lead bird pops him. Bad move I fill his head up with hevi mag blend! I killed him in same exact spot as I killed bullet proof. Bird was scored for another contest up here at Harbin Ford and totaled 97 5/8! Didn't weight but 15 lbs 7 oz but beards were 9 3/4, 8 3/4, 7 2/8, 6 2/8 and spurs were right under an inch.

n2deer

That ain't even right. You was whining a day or so ago about how tough it is. Now the smack talk starts.

I see how it is.

BC

2Beards

ha ha it has been tough but for 2 hours it was perfect.

Hearing that Stony crushed a big double beard in Missouri this morning!