turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

opening day ky tom (Pics added)

Started by turkeyhunter91, April 13, 2013, 04:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyhunter91

well my dad and i hunted a friends farm till about 10:30 this morning and we got back to dads house and was unloading everything and i was fixing to go home and decided to walk out behind his house and hit a locator call, one double gobbled down the holler, well i decided to go after him, well i snuck about as close as i could to him and started calling, well he came down the holler about 40 yards from me but i couldn't see him i could just hear him gobbleing, well i let him walk off and i was gonna sneak up on top of the bench and set up in the edge of the field, well i made it about 60 yards from the edge of the field and i spotted him in the field, i hunkered down behind a log and after about 30 mins i coxed him into about 25 yards but once again i could see him, there was a blowed over tree stump covering where he was, after about 30 mins of him standing there drumming and gobbling so close, i didn't  know how much more i was gonna be able to take, i started ancutting d calling, well i heard him gobble and he was coming the way i needed him to, i finally spotted his head about 15 yards away, he stepped into a soft ball size opening and i let him have it, it was around 12:15 when i finally got a shot, i was using my 20 ga moss 500 with a undertaker choke and 3 in fed flight control wad #5s, he weighted 24 pound 1 ounce had a 9 3/4 in beard 1 1/4 and 1 1/8 spurs, one was broke off.

Onpoint

Congrats. I bet your heart was beat to beat through your chest having him that close that long and not having a shot. I love it. Post some pics up.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase