turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Burris FF3 question

Started by wbralo, April 09, 2013, 09:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wbralo

Going to order a FF3 and wanted to know what all I need to order. Should I get the 3MOA dot or the 8MOA? When you buy the FF3 does it come with the picatinny mount or do you have to order it separate? Thanks for your input

3seasons

I had the same question a couple weeks ago. I went with the 3moa and I'm real happy with it. Still wish they made it with the outer 20moa circle around the dot but I do like the small dot.  The 8moa would cover to much of a birds head for my liking.

You can get it with or without the mount just have to make sure of what your ordering.

Hope this helps.

wbralo

Sand Man

I have a FFII with the 3MOA dot.  A buddy got the FF III with the 8MOA dot.  After seeing his 8MOA, I think I might like it better.  It would be easier to judge how far a turkey was with the 8MOA in relation to how much of his head it covers I would think.  So, I think it's a personal preference. 

I do know I HATE how his FF III cycles thru the bright to dimest settings.  I think they should have started dim then cycled to brightest then off.  My buddy says it's a PIA to know if it's off if you don't count the cycles trying to figure out if it's off or on the dim setting.

I do like being able to adjust it now without the locking screws on the rear of the sight.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

3seasons

Quote from: Sand Man on April 10, 2013, 10:55:46 AM
It would be easier to judge how far a turkey was with the 8MOA in relation to how much of his head it covers I would think.   

I do know I HATE how his FF III cycles thru the bright to dimest settings.  I think they should have started dim then cycled to brightest then off.  My buddy says it's a PIA to know if it's off if you don't count the cycles trying to figure out if it's off or on the dim setting.

It would help with the judging in distance but (personel preference) i cant stand for a big spot on a bird to be covered up, thats why i loved my other scope so much with the outer circle and small center dot. You could judge him and still see all of him. But I like the size and weight of the FF3 compared to any other scope.

I agree with you on this one. i like the option for sure but the bright should have been last on the selection before off.  I just put my hand over the front on the scope and check before i put up.

Hayudog

Totally agree on the last being the brightest before "OFF".  It takes a few cycles before I'm convinced its off.  You would think the folks will change that at some point.  Looks like I'll buy another one before they fix it.

Sand Man

I agree on the size of the dot being personal preference.

Might be worth PMing BurrisOptics on here for him to make the suggestion to their R&D department.  I wouldn't imagine changing the brightness sequence would NOT be that big of a deal.  Should be a software fix.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

wbralo

Thanks for everyone's input! 

beagler

I just ordered a FFIII with an 8 MOA for my daughter's 20ga.
Never Misses