turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey chokes for benelli NOVA

Started by scottyvega, April 09, 2013, 12:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottyvega

Hello all my wife just bought me a NOVA, shot it this last weekend factory full choke was ahhh ok, so now im looking to get a bad  choke, ive been reading and reading loads,patterns,chokes. just would like some more peoples input with maybe some facts to backing there choice, ive order a jelly head...indian creek, and in process of ordering a pure gold so anymore input i would greatly appricate thanks guys

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: scottyvega on April 09, 2013, 12:07:01 PM
Hello all my wife just bought me a NOVA, shot it this last weekend factory full choke was ahhh ok, so now im looking to get a bad  choke, ive been reading and reading loads,patterns,chokes. just would like some more peoples input with maybe some facts to backing there choice, ive order a jelly head...indian creek, and in process of ordering a pure gold so anymore input i would greatly appricate thanks guys

You ought to be covered with those 3. Pick the one that does the best and get rid of the others.

Rio Fan

I don't have a Nova, but I do use a .660 Jellyhead with my SBE II and number 5's pattern really well with that gun/choke combo.  Good luck!

Tommy Strutsalot

The Jellyhead will work great.  So will the Indian Creek.  Just gotta find your load. 

WVhuntEER

My supernova likes the jellyhead with H13 #7's   lethal!

AL trout bum

My nova has the .655 jellyhead (I just bought the one for my gun), and I have yet to find a GREAT load, but the 3" remington nitro #6s and the 3.5" Hevi-13 Mag blends are my best so far.
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to." - Tom Kelly

jtg88

I run a .655 Jellyhead in my Nova and it throws an absolutely wicked pattern with Hevi 3.5-2.25-7s.  With the Hevi it averages about 280 hits and with Win XX Mag 3-2-6 lead shells it will go 125-130 hits consistently.

MississippiHunter

I have a Rob Roberts in .655 that shoots great with Hevi Shot Magnum Blend.  He will exchange his chokes for a different constriction if they do not pattern right.

scottyvega

Thanks all for your input, ive order them and now just wait till they get here, ill show patteren's in another post with best results hopefully wont take to long as hevi shot not cheap but oh well gotta pay alittle to make sure its done right.... thanks again guys happy hunting

old3toe

Sounds like ya got it covered..ive shot a kicks .660 in my nova for ten years..i don't shoot hevi loads through it though..its my lead gun..this setup shoots better than any other lead setup I've seen..i usually shoot 5's, or 6's but found a 4 shot load it just loves..ill be shooting them this year and giving the mag blends and extended range shells in my other setups a rest!!